This stovetop, easy skillet lasagna recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you need to whip up a delicious meal with minimal effort. Skillet Lasagna has all the best parts of traditional lasagna, from the cheese to the noodles, and a creamy tomato-based sauce that takes the flavor up a notch.
Plus, it's ready in about 30 minutes! So, try this Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe and get ready to enjoy an easy, cheesy, and delicious meal.
This simple Skillet Lasagna is pure comfort food when served alongside some garlic bread and a nice salad.
Simple Bell Pepper Casserole and Simple Cheesy Zucchini Squash are other cheesy recipes your family might like.
Table of contents
- For a bit of heat, add some red pepper flakes when you add the other spices.
- No Yolks Egg Noodles or other pasta will work fine in this recipe.
- Use a blend of cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
- You can easily use a jar of your favorite marinara sauce instead of tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Instead of ground beef, try ground turkey or ground chicken, or Italian sausage if you prefer.
Either cook the egg noodles before you start browning the meat or while the meat is cooking. Whether you are using egg noodles or another pasta, boil noodles until al dente since they will continue to cook once everything is mixed.
Heat a large skillet, or dutch oven, over medium heat. You may want to add a drizzle of olive oil if you are using very lean ground meat.
Brown the ground beef, crumbling it while it cooks.
When the meat is almost done, add the seasoning and stir well. Cooking the spices for a minute will help release all the flavors.
Next, add the tomato sauce and cream cheese. Cook and stir while the cream cheese melts.
Then, add the sour cream and the cooked egg noodles. Stir well.
Top the skillet lasagna with shredded cheese. Cover the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
Top the finished skillet lasagna with some dried or fresh parsley. Serve!
You can use ground turkey, chicken, pork, or a combination of different meats.
Yes, you can prepare the skillet lasagna in advance and reheat it when ready to serve.
Yes, you can freeze leftover skillet lasagna for up to 2-3 months. Make sure to store it in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Yes, you can use any pasta that you like. However, lasagna noodles may need to be broken up into smaller pieces to fit in the skillet.
If you have a fussy eater, try sneaking in a few veggies like mushrooms, spinach, zucchini, or bell peppers to skillet lasagna for extra flavor and nutrition. Also, use a fun pasta shape to the dish that might appeal to your child.
Other recipes you might like
Find all my recipes on Pinterest at Cook This Again. Or on Facebook at Cook This Again.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe (with Egg Noodles)
- ¾ pound Ground Beef
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 16 ounces Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- 6 ounces Egg Noodles cooked al dente
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Brown the ground beef, crumbling it while it cooks.
- While the ground beef is cooking, boil the egg noodles per the package directions. Drain and set aside until ready to use.
- When the meat is almost done, add the seasoning and stir well.
- Next, add the tomato sauce and cream cheese. Cook and stir while the cream cheese melts.
- Then, add the sour cream and the cooked egg noodles. Stir well.
- Top the skillet lasagna with shredded cheese. Cover the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
Leave a Reply