I wanted a meatloaf recipe that didn't have any pieces of vegetables in it so that my daughter would eat it. This Simple No-Veggie Meatloaf (you can make with or without cheese) is just what we needed. I knew, that if my daughter saw even the tiniest piece of onion, she would insist that she does not like it then refuses to eat dinner.
No onions in this meatloaf! And, my daughter liked it -- for the most part. I was surprised that the part she didn't care for was the ketchup on top, that is my favorite part! However, she did eat the rest and even went back for seconds.
Recipes you might also like
Salt, Pepper, Granulated Garlic, Smoked Paprika, Onion Powder, and Italian Seasoning are the basic seasonings used in this kid-friendly meatloaf recipe.
- Ground Beef
- Saltine Crackers
- Granulated Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- Grated Cheddar Cheese (if desired)
How to make
Place the Ground Beef in a large bowl. I used 85/15. Add the eggs, crushed saltines, ketchup, and the seasonings.
Mix it all up. While it can be icky the easiest way for me has always been to use my hands. Then, form the meat
Next, top with more ketchup if desired, about a good ¼ cup or so. You need to bake the meatloaf in a
Here is my picture from my original post.
Let cool slightly, slice and serve. Simple, and good. Personally, I was looking forward to meatloaf sandwiches the next day, but there wasn’t enough left. That is one of the best signs that everyone enjoyed it.
And this is a recent picture of my Simple No-Veggie Meatloaf after adding some grated cheese! Yum!
Now I finally have a kid-friendly, no onion meatloaf recipe the entire family enjoys.
Simple No-Veggie Meatloaf (with or without Cheese)
- 1 ½ pounds Ground Beef
- ½ cups crushed Saltine Crackers
- ⅓ cup Ketchup another ¼ cup on top if desired
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 ½ cups Grated Cheddar Cheese if desired
- Mix spices together. Put ground beef and rest of ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Form into loaf and put in a pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Top with more ketchup if desired.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour until done. I let mine cook until the internal temperature was between 160-165 degrees.
- Let cool slightly, slice and serve.
In contrast, if you would like a delicious veggie dish that the kids will love, give Simple Broccoli Casserole a try!
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family's favorite recipes. If you tried this recipe and liked it, please use the stars on the above recipe card, or next to the comments below to rate the recipe. If you have a question or suggestion about this or any other recipe, please leave a comment and I will respond as soon as possible.