This wonderfully moist Peach Bundt Cake recipe is a perfect summertime dessert. Bursting with fresh peaches, this simple-to-make peach cake is a great dessert whether you are serving your family, hosting guests, or contributing to a potluck.
Table of contents
Why we love this recipe
- We love recipes using fresh fruit! And the perfect amount of ripe, juicy peaches makes this cake super moist and delicious.
- This recipe is simple and uses basic pantry ingredients. This peach cake can be in the oven, baking within 20 minutes.
- It is versatile. Try using strawberries, blueberries, or nectarines in place of the peaches.
To make this recipe, you only need fresh peaches and some basic pantry ingredients, All-purpose flour, sugar, vanilla, eggs, butter, baking powder, and salt.
If you do not have summer peaches available in your area, you can try canned or frozen peaches. If using frozen peaches, allow them to thaw out thoroughly before using. Completely drain the thawed and canned peaches before using. Also, drain them on some paper towels to remove as much excess moisture as possible.
Step-by-Step Recipe Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Prepare the Bundt pan by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray. Lightly sprinkle in some additional flour and shake around the pan to coat. Turn the pan over and tap it to remove excess flour. Set aside.
You may be able to skip the previous step if you have a good-quality, nonstick Bundt pan.
Place the room-temperature butter and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix.
Blend together the butter and sugar until well-mixed and fluffy.
Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, beating well in between each addition. Continue to beat at medium speed until well blended and creamy.
Add the vanilla and mix until blended.
In a separate bowl, place the diced peaches and ¼ cup of the flour. Stir to mix and cover the peaches. Set aside.
Whisk together the remaining flour with the baking powder and salt.
Slowly add the flour mixture to the cake batter while blending on low speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix until completely blended.
Fold in the flour-coated diced peaches.
Pour or scoop (the batter is thick) the cake batter into the prepared bundt cake pan.
Smooth out the top of the batter.
Bake the cake in the preheated oven until the top of the cake is golden brown, and a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
Cool the cake pan on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes. Carefully remove the cake from the pan and allow to cool completely on the cooling rack before serving.
You can serve this peach cake dusted with powdered sugar, frosted with a light glaze, or a scoop of ice cream. However, this moist cake is truly delicious and can easily be enjoyed plain.
Make sure you toss the peaches with flour before folding them into the cake batter. This will keep them from sinking.
Sure, try nectarines, apricots, strawberries, or other berries. Remember to toss the fruit in flour before folding it into the cake batter. Cooking time may need to be adjusted.
Store lightly covered at room temperature for a couple of days. If you need the cake to last longer, use plastic wrap and store the cake in the refrigerator.
Other recipes you might like
This cake is a perfect peach flavor summertime treat. Along with the fresh peaches, vanilla extract is used for flavoring. If you would like to add a fall flavor twist to this peach bundt cake, try adding a teaspoon of cinnamon to the recipe.
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Peach Bundt Cake (with fresh peaches)
- 1 Stand or Electric Hand Mixer
- 1 Bundt Cake Pan
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Butter 2 sticks, room temperature
- 4 Eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Peaches fresh, diced
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour divided
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare Bundt pan by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray. Lightly sprinkle in some additional flour and shake around the pan to coat. Turn the pan over and tap it to remove excess flour. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well in between each addition. Continue to beat until well blended and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, place the diced peaches and ¼ cup of the flour. Stir to mix and cover the peaches. Set aside.
- Whisk together the remaining flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the cake batter while blending on low speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix until completely blended.
- Fold in the diced peaches.
- Pour the peach cake batter into the prepared cake pan. Smooth out the top of the batter.
- Bake the cake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- Place the cake pan onto a rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen the cake from the pan sides if you think it necessary.
- Flip the pan over and remove the cake from the pan.
- Cool completely before serving.