This Pasta with Baby Bella Mushrooms recipe is a perfect, quick meal, for parents on those nights the kids are insisting on chicken nuggets or pizza bites.
Baby Bella mushrooms are sauteed in olive oil with fresh garlic and fresh herbs, such as sage or fresh thyme. Toss the mushrooms with some cooked fettuccine and top it all off with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Baby Bellas - I use Baby Bellas because I love them. If there is a mushroom you prefer, go ahead and use it.
- Fettuccine - A good substitute for fettuccine would be spaghetti, but I am sure penne or spiral pasta would work just fine.
- Fresh Sage - Fresh thyme would be an awesome substitute for fresh sage. I have not tried this recipe with dried herbs.
Start a large pot of water to boil for the pasta. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta reserving about 1 cup of the water. Set the pasta and reserved water aside while cooking the mushrooms
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms start to soften.
Next, add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook for a minute or two.
Turn the heat off and add the fresh sage (or thyme) and stir well. The fresh herbs don't need to cook.
Finally, add the drained pasta and a little bit of the reserved water if needed. Stir well. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
Finished Pasta with Baby Bella Mushrooms and Herbs. Yum!
Other recipes you might like
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Pasta with Baby Bella Mushrooms and Herbs
- 8 ounces Fettuccine Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 ounces Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic chopped
- ½ teaspoon Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Sage or fresh Thyme
- ¼ cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon Parsley chopped
- Slice mushrooms, chop up parsley, sage, and garlic. If using thyme, remove leaves from the stalk.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When pasta is done, reserve 1 cup of water, then drain the pasta. Set the pasta and water aside.
- Warm up a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the Baby Bella mushrooms. Stir and cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Next, add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir for another minute or two.
- Add the fresh sage (or thyme) and stir.
- Add the pasta and some of the reserved pasta water if needed. Mix well.
- Serve topped with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese and fresh parsley.