Peach Coffee Cake with Oatmeal Crumb Topping is made using fresh peaches. You can use either sour cream or greek yogurt in this coffee cake. It is topped with a delicious oatmeal crumb topping. Summertime tastes so good!
This post was last updated in July 2020 with simplified directions.
We have one peach tree in our yard. Every year we hope for, and look forward to, a lot of peaches.
This year, like most years, we have so many that the limbs are breaking off of the tree. As a result, I use a lot of peaches this time of year.
To make this Peach Coffee Cake with Oatmeal Crumb Topping you will need,
- Granulated Sugar
- Butter or margarine
- Sour Cream or Greek yogurt
- Baking powder
- All-purpose flour
- Fresh peaches
- Old-fashioned oats
- Brown Sugar
How to prepare this recipe
To prepare the coffee cake base, add the egg, Greek yogurt or sour cream, granulated sugar, vanilla, and melted butter. Whisk well.
Next, you need to add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cardamom. Mix just until blended.
Add the peaches and gently fold them in. While the batter is very thick at this point, everything will be fine once the peaches bake in. This coffee cake is surprisingly moist.
Spread the coffee cake batter into a 9-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
In order to make the crumb topping, I just use the same bowl I used for the batter. After all, I’d rather not dirty more dishes than necessary.
Add the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, salt, and melted butter. Then mix it together. Really, it’s that easy!
Finally, sprinkle the crumb topping onto the coffee cake and bake in a 350-degree oven for 35-45 minutes. Or, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
Of course, the downside is waiting for the coffee cake to cool slightly before cutting, but once it is ready, enjoy!
This delicious coffee cake is just one of the many things we have made with peaches so far this year.
Sound good? Then you might also like this Peach Cinnamon Twist.
Tip for making this recipe
- Both Greek yogurt and sour cream work well in this recipe.
- If the peaches are not juicy, you may want to cut back the flour just a little.
- I have also made this in an 8″ springform pan. Very nice presentation, but it does take a little bit longer to bake.
PEACH COFFEE CAKE WITH OATMEAL CRUMB TOPPING
For the Coffee Cake
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom
- 2 cups Peaches peeled and diced
For the Crumb Topping
- 2/3 cup Old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- dash Salt
- dash Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Butter or margarine, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350-degrees.
- Mix together the granulated sugar, butter, sour cream, vanilla, and the egg.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cardamom and stir just until combined. The batter will be thick. Fold in the peaches.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the crumb topping, and spread over top of the coffee cake.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 35 – 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the middle. The crumb topping will also be a nice golden brown.
- Cool slightly, serve.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family’s favorite recipes.
If you tried this recipe and liked it, please use the stars on the above recipe card, or next to the comments below to rate the recipe. If you have a question or suggestion about this or any other recipe, please leave a comment and I will respond as soon as possible.