My kids really love Beef Stroganoff. I love it too! Some days you want one of your favorite meals but you don’t have the time needed to prepare it, so I came up with this recipe for Simple Hamburger Stroganoff made with ground beef.
In the photo above I used the No Yolks Dumplings and they seemed to have absorbed a bit more liquid than when I used Egg Noodles, but it was still delicious.
This is an older photo, using the No Yolks Noodles. I also like to use leaner ground beef. 83/17 or 85/15. You will always want to drain away as much of the excess grease as possible.
Other recipes you might enjoy
- Ground Beef
- Egg Noodles
- Sour Cream
- Montreal Seasoning
- Beef Broth
I love this recipe because it uses basic ingredients. It is simple, quick and delicious! And, the kids love it!
To start, brown the ground beef along with the onion and seasoning.
Use a wooden spoon to crumble up the ground beef as it cooks.
Add the broth and water to the mixture and bring it to a boil.
Add the noodles and cover the pan with a lid. You can check back a few times and give everything a good stir. While the Simple Hamburger Stroganoff is cooking you can chop the parsley.
Once the noodles are done, turn off the heat. Add the sour cream and chopped parsley. Stir well.
And now it is done and ready to serve! This picture is with No Yolks Dumplings…
and this one is with No Yolks (or your favorite brand) of noodles. That is how easy it is to make Simple Hamburger Stroganoff.
Simple Hamburger Stroganoff
- 1 lb. Hamburger 85/15
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon McCormick’s Montreal Steak use more or less to adjust to your taste
- 1 can Beef Broth
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- 8 ounces Egg Noodles
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Parsley chopped
- Add the ground beef, onion, and seasoning to a warm skillet over medium heat. Crumble the ground beef and stir often until cooked through. Drain off any excess grease if necessary.
- Add the beef broth and water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Put in the egg noodles and stir well. Return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook 8 – 12 minutes, or until the noodles are done to your liking. Stir every couple of minutes while the noodles cook.
- When the noodles are done, add the sour cream and parsley. Stir well and heat through. That is it! It is done!
Find all my recipes on Pinterest at Cook This Again
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family’s favorite recipes. If you tried this recipe and liked it, please use the stars on the above recipe card, or next to the comments below to rate the recipe. If you have a question or suggestion about this or any other recipe, please leave a comment and I will respond as soon as possible.
Sign up for our mailing list…