These simple pan-seared pork chops are perfect when you want a delicious and quick dinner to serve your family! Easy Cheesy Pork Chops have become a family favorite. These juicy and tender cheese pork chops use with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese!
I first started making these pork chops after we received a similar meal from Green Chef. They inspired this recipe! I used different seasoning and cheese than their recipe used.
It takes just a few simple ingredients to create this easy and quick dinner.
- Pork Chops - I use boneless chops that are about ¾" to 1" thick.
- Mozzarella Cheese - shredded cheese is great for easy melting.
- Parmesan Cheese - grated or shredded both work well.
- Dijon Mustard - adds great flavor!
- Pepper - divided
- Garlic Powder - or granulated garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Green Onion or Parsley - not pictured.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to prepare this recipe
I like to use a cast-iron skillet for this recipe and most chicken and pork chop recipes. The cast-iron heats up well, and it is perfect for doing a quick sear on the meat.
In a small bowl, mix the mozzarella, Parmesan, pepper, and dijon mustard. Set aside.
Heat a cast-iron or other large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
Pat the pork chops dry and season with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and Italian seasoning. I usually start with seasoning one side, then season the second side once the pork chops are in the pan.
Add the olive oil to the skillet and then gently lay in the pork chops. Finish seasoning. Cook the pork chops for 3-4 minutes. You will notice the bottom of the chop is turning white on the side, and the bottom will be starting to turn golden brown.
Flip them over.
After you turn over the chops, continue to cook for about one minute. Take the cheese topping and heap it on top of the chops.
Cover the skillet with a lid and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. This amount of time should be enough time to melt the cheese and finish cooking the meat. Pork is done when the internal temperature reaches 145-degrees F.
Remove the Easy Cheesy Pork Chops from the skillet and let rest for at least 3 minutes.
Top the cheese pork chops with some freshly topped green onion or parsley for a nice finishing touch.
If you would like to change up this recipe a little, here are a couple of ideas.
- Spicy - add a little bit of red pepper flakes while you are seasoning the pork chops.
- Different Cheeses- maybe try some cheddar cheese or blue cheese.
- No Pork - no problem, use boneless, skinless chicken breast instead. Chicken needs to be cooked to 165-degrees F.
If you prefer chicken, check out this recipe for Cheesy Spinach Topped Chicken.
Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator. We usually re-heat pork chops in the microwave on a reduced power setting.
Be careful not to overcook the meat. Use a meat thermometer and cook until the pork reaches a temperature of 145-degrees F, then letting them sit for 3 minutes. You should have perfectly cooked, tender, and juicy cheese pork chops.
You might also like these easy dinner recipes
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family's favorite recipes.
If you tried this quick dinner recipe and liked it, please use the star rating on the recipe card to rate it. If you have a question or suggestion about this or any other recipe, please leave a comment, and I will respond as soon as possible.
Easy Cheesy Pork Chops
- 4 Pork Chops
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese grated or shredded
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic granulated
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 Green Onions mostly green part, sliced
- Heat a cast-iron or other large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mozzarella, Parmesan, some of the pepper, and dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Pat the pork chops dry and season with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and Italian Seasoning.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet and then gently lay in the pork chops. Season second side.
- Cook the pork chops for 3-4 minutes. You will notice the bottom of the pork chop is turning white on the side, and the bottom will be starting to turn golden brown.
- Turn the pork chops over and continue to cook for one minute.
- Heap the cheese mixture on the top of the pork chops. Cover the skillet with a lid and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pork is done when the internal temperature reaches 145-degrees F.
- Top the cheese pork chops with some freshly topped green onion or parsley for a nice finishing touch.
- Remove the Easy Cheesy Pork Chops from the skillet and let rest for at least 3 minutes.