A simple buttermilk pancake, folded and filled with a delicious cheesecake mousse, and topped with bananas and your choice of sauces. The kids will be thanking you for making Pancake Tacos with Bananas and Caramel syrup.
To go along with our IHOP copycat fresh strawberry cheesecake pancake tacos, we also have these Pancake Tacos with Banana and Caramel syrup. Using the same Cheesecake Mousse filling, switch up the toppings for a whole new flavor experience.
Table of contents
What you need to make this recipe
- Buttermilk Pancakes - Make your own with your favorite box mix, or try our recipe at the link.
- Cheesecake Mousse - (cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and Cool Whip) it takes just a few minutes to make this delicious cheesecake mousse. Use it for both this recipe and the Strawberry Cheesecake Taco Pancakes.
- Dulce de Leche - Make your own Instant Pot Dulce de Leche, or use your favorite brand of caramel sauce.
- Vanilla Sauce - Optional. If you would like to add the vanilla sauce, the recipe is at the link for Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce.
- Sliced Bananas
Step-by-step recipe directions
Cook the pancakes until golden brown and place them in a taco holder, or prop in a muffin tin as shown above.
If you are using leftover pancakes, you can warm them slightly in the toaster before forming them into a shape of a taco shell.
Have ready the prepared cheesecake mousse, caramel sauce, sliced bananas, and vanilla sauce if you are using it.
Fill each folded taco with some of the cheesecake mousse, and a little bit of the vanilla sauce if you like.
Add some sliced bananas and top off with a drizzle of the Dulce de Leche or caramel sauce.
If you would like to go a little bit extra, sprinkle with a few chocolate chips. These pancake tacos are sure to please the entire family.
Absolutely! We have given you a few ideas, but you can also add chopped nuts or whipped cream! Make your own fun creation!
Although I do not recommend making these ahead of time, you can make the fillings and pancakes ahead of time and assemble them when everyone is ready to eat!
They really are! It may seem like a lot of ingredients, but these taco pancakes are super easy, especially if you use store bought versions of some of the fillings.
Other recipes you might like
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Pancake Tacos - Banana Caramel
- 4 Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 cup Cheesecake Mousse prepared ahead of time
- 1 cup Bananas sliced
- ¼ cup Dulce de Leche or caramel syrup
- Cook the pancakes until golden brown and place them in a taco holder, or prop in a muffin tin to hold a taco shape.
- Fill each pancake taco with some cheesecake mousse.
- Top with some sliced bananas and a drizzle of Dulce de Leche, or caramel syrup.