Want a change from boxed pancake mix? This Homemade Buttermilk Pancake recipe makes the most delicious pancakes from scratch. With just a few simple ingredients, you can impress your family and friends with these yummy, melt in your mouth pancakes. This recipe is sure to become a staple in your kitchen.
But, sometimes, you want to try something completely homemade. These buttermilk pancakes are the perfect recipe for those occasions, especially for the busy mom and dad.
Table of contents
Ingredients needed to make homemade buttermilk pancakes are All-purpose Flour, Sugar, Salt, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Eggs, Buttermilk, Melted Butter, and Vanilla.
Step-by-Step Recipe Directions
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
Pour the wet ingredients in with the flour mixture.
Stir just until combined. Let the batter set for 5 to 10 minutes before using.
Meanwhile, preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake.
Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and the edges start to look set, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
Flip the pancake. It should be nice and golden brown. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until cooked through.
Repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve a stack of delicious Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes topped with a pat of butter and your favorite syrup.
Other recipes you might like
Do not over mix the batter! To insure you get nice, light, fluffy pancakes, make sure to only stir the batter until the wet and dry ingredients are combined and let the batter set for 5 to 10 minutes before using.
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs large
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture Stir just until combined. Let the batter rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour the pancake batter into the preheated skillet using ¼ cup of batter per pancake.
- Cook the pancake until bubbles form on the surface and the edge of the pancake starts to look set. Approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown and the pancake is cooked through.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.