This fun breakfast idea is a copycat version of the fresh strawberry cheesecake pancake tacos found at IHOP restaurants. These Pancake Tacos start with delicious homemade buttermilk pancakes formed into the shape of a taco, and fill with an awesome cheesecake mousse before topping off with some fresh strawberries and chocolate chips.
The kids will love breakfast pancake tacos as a special treat with the sweet flavor of fresh sliced strawberries and a creamy cheesecake mousse. Of course, you can always add a drizzle of maple syrup, but it is not necessary with all the wonderful flavors these pancake fruit tacos offer.
Table of contents
What you need to make this recipe
- Buttermilk Pancakes - Make your own with your favorite box mix, or try our recipe at the link.
- Cheesecake Mousse - (cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and Cool Whip) it takes just a few minutes to make this delicious cheesecake mousse. Use it for both this recipe and the Banana Caramel Pancake Tacos.
- Fresh Sliced Strawberries
- Chocolate Chips
Step-by-step recipe directions
Prepare the cheesecake mousse.
Make the pancakes. You can use our recipe for buttermilk pancakes or use your own favorite recipe or box mix. Cook the pancakes until golden brown and place them in a taco holder, or propped in a muffin tin as shown above.
If you are using leftover pancakes, you can warm them slightly in the toaster before forming them into a shape of a taco shell.
Using a spoon or piping bag, fill the taco shaped pancakes with the creamy cheesecake mousse.
Finally, top the Strawberry Cheesecake Pancake Tacos with sliced strawberries and chocolate chips.
Absolutely! Add any additional toppings you might like. Make your own fun creation!
Although I do not recommend making these ahead of time, you can make the fillings and pancakes ahead of time and assemble them when everyone is ready to eat!
They really are. Make the cheesecake mousse ahead of time and prepare the pancakes when you are ready to eat? If you have leftover pancakes, just warm them up slightly before assembling the tacos.
Other recipes you might like
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Pancake Tacos - Strawberry Cheesecake
- 4 Buttermilk Pancakes homemade or box mix
- 1 cup Cheesecake Mousse made ahead of time
- 1 cup Strawberries sliced or diced
- 1 tablespoon Chocolate Chips
- Start by making the pancakes. You can use our recipe for buttermilk pancakes or use your own favorite recipe or box mix.
- Fill a folded pancake with some of the cheesecake mousse.
- Top off the pancake tacos with some diced or sliced strawberries and some chocolate chips.