Cream cheese and orange marmalade are in the filling and the frosting in this recipe for Orange Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls.
This recipe was updated with simplified directions in January of 2022.
For this recipe, you can use frozen bread dough such as Bridgford Bread or try my recipe for cinnamon roll dough found in Orange Cinnamon Rolls with Cardamom or Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls.
Other recipes you might enjoy
- Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Fresh Orange Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Lemonade Cake with Marshmallow Frosting
- Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
- Orange marmalade
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Frozen Bread dough or ingredients for your favorite dough recipe
How to make these orange rolls
Thaw out the frozen bread dough, or prepare the dough using one of the recipes listed above.
Mix softened cream cheese, orange marmalade, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. You will use this cream cheese mixture for filling and the frosting.
Roll out the dough into a 10 x 12-inch rectangle. Spread the dough with a couple of tablespoons of butter.
Spread ½ of the orange cream cheese mixture onto the dough.
Roll up the dough and cut it into 12 even pieces.
Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray. Place the Orange Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls slices into the pan.
Let them raise to at least double in size.
Bake the rolls in a 350-degree oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Cool slightly.
Make the frosting
Take the rest of the orange cream cheese filling, add some powdered sugar, and frost the Orange Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls. I like to make the frosting while the dough is rising. Store the frosting in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Don't they look delicious! Yum!
Tips for leftovers
Store leftovers in the refrigerator. They warm up nicely in the microwave. Ours took about 15 seconds at 50% power. Delicious!
Find all my recipes on Pinterest at Cook This Again. Or, on Facebook at Cook This Again.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family's favorite recipes.
If you tried this recipe for Orange Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls and liked it, please use the stars on the recipe card to rate it. If you have a question or suggestion about this or any other recipe, please leave a comment, and I will respond as soon as possible.
Orange Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Bridgford Ready-Dough thawed (or use your favorite frozen dough or cinnamon roll dough recipe)
- 2 tablespoons Butter softened
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons Orange Marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- Thaw out frozen dough or prepare your own.
- Mix softened cream cheese, orange marmalade, sugar, and cinnamon together.
- Roll the dough into 10" x 12" rectangle.
- Spread the dough with butter if you are using it.
- Spread ½ of the cream cheese mixture onto the rolled out dough. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls.
- Place the slices in 13" x 9" baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Let rolls raise until at least double in size. While the rolls are rising, add powdered sugar to leftover orange cream cheese mixture to make frosting. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Bake rolls in a 350 degree oven for 20 -25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- Spread frosting over rolls. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Leave a Reply