We may earn money or products from the companies and/or linked items in this post.
My husband and I have been making Chicken Divan for years. It was always one of his favorites. When we first started making it we used canned crescent rolls along with mayo, broccoli, cheese etc… Over the years I have changed the recipe around a bit. Our latest favorite version is this Super Easy Chicken Divan.
There are a couple of variations to this recipe, and I will explain as I go along with the photos below. Here is a quick step by step guide on how to make a meal that will satisfy the entire family.
- Cooked chicken
- Cheddar cheese
- Jar of Alfredo sauce
- Sour cream
Making the filling
Step one is to
The broccoli is done. It is so pretty! 🙂
Cheese, cheese, cheese… glorious cheese! Okay, sometimes I used the pre-shredded cheese but I have to admit it is worth the effort to shred your own. I am using a medium cheddar. Use whatever you prefer.
Now that we have the chicken, broccoli,
After you have mixed the ingredients all together, add the mixture to a 13 x 9 baking dish that you have sprayed with non-stick spray. Next, it is time to make the topping.
Making the biscuit topping
I just grab the same bowl I mixed up the chicken filling in because, well, I hate to do dishes. It’s all going into the same place after all, right? Here I mixed together Bisquick, sour cream, milk, and Parmesan.
Pour the batter over the chicken and you have… cake batter! No, just kidding. It just looks a little like
How to bake
And when it is done… it still looks like a cake! Chicken cake. Meat cake. Bwahaha. Just kidding… Oh, never mind. Go to the next photo, please.
Ah yes. Here we go. Now doesn’t that look delicious! Cheesy chicken and broccoli in a garlic Alfredo sauce with a big ol’ biscuit on top! Comfort food.
This Super Easy Chicken Divan is a delicious and easy meal that is perfect for busy weeknight dinners, or lazy weekends. Enjoy!
Super Easy Chicken Divan Recipe
- 12 – 16 ounces Broccoli
- 3/4 – 1 pound Chicken cooked and cubed
- 1-2 cups Cheese, medium cheddar grated
- 1 jar Alfredo Garlic Sauce or other white sauce
- Milk fill white sauce jar 1/2 to 2/3 full
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put broccoli in a dish with a small amount of water. Cook in the microwave for about 3 minutes.
- Place cubed chicken, broccoli and cheese in a large bowl. Add the jar of white sauce. Add milk to the jar filling about 1/2 to 2/3 full. Replace cap and shake well. Pour the milk into the bowl and mix everything together. Pour the chicken mixture into a 13 x 9 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Using the same bowl, mix together Bisquick, sour cream, milk and Parmesan. Pour the batter over the chicken mixture. Bake the chicken for about 35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean in biscuit topping.
- Cool slightly and enjoy.