My husband and I have been making a version of this Easy Chicken Divan for years. It was always one of his favorites. Creamy, cheesy, and Yummy! Over the years, I have changed the recipe around a bit. Our latest favorite version is this Super Easy Chicken Divan.
There are a couple of variations to this recipe, and I will explain as I go along with the photos below. Here is a quick step by step guide on how to make a meal that will satisfy the entire family.
- Cooked chicken
- Cheddar cheese
- Jar of Alfredo sauce
- Sour cream
Other recipes you might like...
Making the filling
Step one is to
We don't like to find crispy and undercooked broccoli in our chicken divan. But, we don't want it mushy either.
I put several cups worth of broccoli in a dish with a tiny bit of water. Then I cook in the microwave for about 3 minutes.
Now, I have used chicken tenders that cook up in the frying pan real quick. I have also used rotisserie chicken, but today I am using these
This recipe is also great for any leftover chicken you may have.
The broccoli is done. It is so pretty! 🙂
Cheese, cheese, cheese... glorious cheese!
Okay, sometimes I used the pre-shredded cheese but I have to admit it is worth the effort to shred your own. I am using a medium cheddar. Use whatever you prefer.
Now that we have the chicken, broccoli,
I like to use Roasted Garlic white sauce. I have used white sauces by Newman's Own, Ragu, and Preggo. Pick your favorite!
One other thing I have learned, after pouring the sauce in the bowl I fill the jar ½ to ⅔ full of milk. Put the lid back on and shake it up. Add the milk to the bowl and mix well.
If you don't add the milk the filling might be a bit thick.
After you have mixed the ingredients all together, add the mixture to a 13 x 9 baking dish that you have sprayed with non-stick spray.
Next, it is time to make the topping.
Making the biscuit topping
I just grab the same bowl I mixed up the chicken filling in because, well, I hate to do dishes. It's all going into the same place after all, right?
Here I mixed together Bisquick, sour cream, milk, and Parmesan.
Pour the batter over the chicken and you have... cake batter! No, just kidding. It just looks a little like
Put the chicken divan in a preheated 400-degree oven and let it bake.
How to bake
And when it is done... it still looks like a cake! Chicken cake. Meat cake. Bwahaha. Just kidding... Oh, never mind. Go to the next photo, please.
Ah yes. Here we go. Now doesn't that look delicious! Cheesy chicken and broccoli in a garlic Alfredo sauce with a big ol' biscuit on top!
This Super Easy Chicken Divan is a delicious and easy meal that is perfect for busy weeknight dinners, or lazy weekends.
Super Easy Chicken Divan Recipe
- 16 ounces Broccoli
- ¾ pound Chicken cooked and cubed
- 2 cups Cheese, medium cheddar grated
- 15 Ounce Alfredo Garlic Sauce jar or other white sauce
- Milk fill white sauce jar ½ to ⅔ full
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put broccoli in a dish with a small amount of water. Cook in the microwave for about 3 minutes.
- Place cubed chicken, broccoli and cheese in a large bowl. Add the jar of white sauce. Add milk to the jar filling about ½ to ⅔ full. Replace cap and shake well. Pour the milk into the bowl and mix everything together. Pour the chicken mixture into a 13 x 9 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Using the same bowl, mix together Bisquick, sour cream, milk and Parmesan. Pour the batter over the chicken mixture. Bake the chicken for about 35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean in biscuit topping.
- Cool slightly and enjoy.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family's favorite recipes. If you tried this recipe and liked it, please use the stars on the above recipe card, or next to the comments below to rate the recipe. If you have a question or suggestion about this or any other recipe, please leave a comment and I will respond as soon as possible.