Sour Cream Lemon Pie is a creamy, lemony pie, that I must say is an especially awesome dessert in the warm summertime. This delicious pie is made with fresh lemons in addition to sour cream.
This post was updated in July 2020. The recipe has not changed.
Not only can you use a baked pie shell with this recipe, but a graham cracker crust also works great.
To make this Sour Cream Lemon Pie all you need is...
- 1 9" Baked Pie Crust, cooled
- Fresh Lemon Juice ( I used 2 lemons)
- Zest from Lemons
- Sour Cream
- Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
My kids and husband love lemon pie! Well, so do I. In fact, we love pie, period! When I found this Lemon Pie recipe in my mom's old recipe box, I had to give it a try. I am so glad I did! Creamy, lemon pie, topped with fresh whipped cream. Yum! If you like lemon pie, you just might want to give this recipe a try.
You might also like these recipes...
While making this pie, I was tempted to use the leftover egg whites and make a meringue topping, however, I am not sure it would have worked as well. The fresh whipped cream was delicious with the creamy lemon filling. However, if you prefer to try meringue, check out my recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie to guide you on how to make it. Let me know how it works out!
This recipe is not difficult, however, you do need to wait for the filling to cool before finishing it, therefore it will take a good couple of hours to get from start to finish. I recommend that you let the pie set in the refrigerator for an hour or two. But, it is worth it.
Now, are you ready to make some pie?
*I often use store-bought pie crust. If you want to make a homemade crust, try this recipe for Buttery Pie Crust.
Sour Cream Lemon Pie
- 1 9-inch Baked Pie Crust cooled
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- 1 ¼ cups Milk
- 3 Egg Yolks
- ⅓ cup Fresh Lemon Juice I used 2 lemons
- Lemon Zest
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- Prep and bake the pie shell. Set aside until ready to use.
- *I often use store-bought pie crust. If you want to make a homemade crust, try this recipe.
- Blend the sugar and cornstarch together in a medium-size sauce-pan.
- Add the milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon rind, and butter.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and cover it with a piece of wax paper to keep the top from forming a thick film. Chill.
- When the mixture has cooled, stir well and mix in the sour cream. Pour into pie shell.
- Make whipped cream by whipping together the cream and powdered sugar. Use the whipped cream to decorate the pie however you like. You can sprinkle more grated lemon rind over the top for a little color.
- Finally, return to the refrigerator until completely set up and ready to serve. Store leftover pie in the refrigerator.
Add your personal private recipe notes here
More pie recipes
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family's favorite recipes.
If you tried this recipe and liked it, please use the stars on the above recipe card, or next to the comments below to rate the recipe. If you have a question or suggestion about this or any other recipe, please leave a comment and I will respond as soon as possible.