This Glazed Lemon Bread recipe calls for a bit of Greek yogurt. It is light, lemony, and moist, and very delicious! The bonus is the topping of a lemon and sugar glaze. So good!
Rainy days, a leaking roof, and a new lemon bread recipe.
Other bread recipes
We were expecting a big storm to hit here in California, we knew there would be a lot of rain. We did not expect, however, to have to deal with a leaky roof all weekend.
Too much stress, so I decided to bake something. The good that came out of it was this delicious Glazed Lemon Bread Recipe.
- Canola oil
- Granulated sugar
- Greek yogurt
- Baking powder
- All-purpose flour
How to prepare this recipe
In a large bowl mix together the oil, granulated sugar, Greek yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and the milk.
In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir only until combined.
Pour the lemon bread batter into a bread pan or dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
Bake until done and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the lemon loaf.
Mix together the lemon juice and sugar for the glaze. Spoon the glaze over the hot bread and return the loaf to the oven for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Let the Glazed Lemon Bread cool before serving.
Glazed Lemon Bread
For the lemon bread
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt I used Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Granulated sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and milk.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are blended in completely.
- Pour the batter into a bread pan or dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Bake in the oven for 45 – 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Mix together the lemon juice and sugar for the glaze. Spoon over the top of the hot bread and return to the oven for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Remove the Glazed Lemon Bread from the oven and let cool slightly on a wire rack before serving.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family’s favorite recipes.
If you tried this recipe and liked it, please use the stars on the above recipe card, or next to the comments below to rate the recipe. If you have a question or suggestion about this or any other recipe, please leave a comment and I will respond as soon as possible.