This Glazed Lemon Bread recipe calls for a bit of Greek yogurt. It is light, lemony, moist, and very delicious! The bonus is the topping of a lemon and sugar glaze that is baked in. So good!
Why we love this recipe
- It is lemony - This bread bursts with flavor using freshly squeezed lemon juice and freshly grated lemon zest.
- The baked-in lemon glaze - The sugar and lemon juice combination is poured over the bread in the last few minutes of cooking. This baked-in glaze adds a new level of flavor and texture to this delicious Lemon Bread.
- Family memories - This old-fashioned Lemon Bread is based on a recipe from my mom. We love passing down recipes to the next generation.
Zest and juice the lemons.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix the oil, granulated sugar, Greek yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and milk in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir only until combined.
Pour the lemon bread batter into a bread pan or dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
Bake until done, and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the lemon loaf.
Mix together the lemon juice and sugar for the glaze. Spoon the glaze over the hot bread and return the loaf to the oven for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Let the Glazed Lemon Bread cool before serving.
In my opinion, yes. Not only does it taste better, but you can also use freshly grated lemon zest. However, the bottled lemon juice does work fine when getting fresh lemons isn't an option.
Using lemon zest usually helps those who like a more robust lemon flavor.
Honestly, I haven't tried it, but it does sound good. I would try about 1 cup of blueberries that have been tossed in a couple of teaspoons of flour. Fold in blueberries after mixing the batter.
If your kids love the Starbucks Lemon Loaf, they might also love this lemon bread. My daughter gave it two thumbs up!
Other recipes you might like
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Glazed Lemon Bread
For the lemon bread
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt I used vanilla flavored
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon zest
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 ¾ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Granulated sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and milk.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are blended in completely.
- Pour the batter into a bread pan (9.5" x 5") or dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in the oven for 45 - 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Mix together the lemon juice and sugar for the glaze. Spoon over the top of the hot bread and return to the oven for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Remove the Glazed Lemon Bread from the oven and let cool slightly on a wire rack before serving.