Two favorite meals joined as one. Yummy hamburger meets cheesy nachos! Simple Nacho Burgers is a kid-friendly, family favorite dinner idea that is ready in less than 30 minutes!
It is quick, delicious, and full of flavor. Take a look at how easy this kid-friendly hamburger recipe is.
We all want and need more of those 'go-to' recipes that are kid-friendly and approved by the whole family. These burgers are perfect for super busy (or lazy) days.
For another quick family meal idea using ground beef, try my Taco Sloppy Joes! Unbelievably easy, and kids love it! Or, if you have a little more time, this Simple No-Veggie Meatloaf is also a hit at my house.
Table of contents
Why we love this recipe
The cheese - I mean, who doesn't love a cheeseburger. But, once you take a burger and top it off with some creamy queso, oh man! It is so good!
The chips - Remember putting potato chips on your bologna and cheese sandwiches. This is so next level! Crunchy, salty tortilla chips on top of a burger. Yep.
Convenience - This Nacho Cheeseburger is so kid-friendly and parent-friendly! Kids love the flavor, and parents love this recipe's taste and ease. It is so simple.
The ingredients you will need to make these Simple Nacho Burgers are,
- Ground Beef - I like using lean ground beef (93-7) in this recipe, but use your favorite. Or, replace the ground beef with ground turkey or ground pork.
- Queso - Queso dip works perfectly with this recipe. Our personal favorite is Monterey Jack Queso.
- Tortilla Chips - Yellow corn, white corn, blue corn... even lime tortilla chips will work.
How to prepare Nacho Burgers
Make the hamburger patties. You can make them either ¼ pound or ⅓ pound, whichever you prefer. This recipe is based on ¼ pound burgers. Sprinkle the burger patties with salt and black pepper.
Dice some tomato and jalapeno. Combine tomatoes with the diced jalapenos and lime juice from ½ of lime if you use it. Mix and set aside.
Heat a grill or a large pan over medium to medium-high heat. Cook the burger patties until done. (160 degrees F). Grilling the burgers takes about 3 - 4 minutes per side.
Toast the hamburger buns with the toaster, grill, or a heated frying pan.
To assemble the burgers, start with the bottom hamburger bun and add a pile of tortilla chips. Place the cooked hamburger patty over the chips.
Next, spoon some of the queso dip over the burger patty. Use as much or as little as you like!
Now, add the tomato and jalapeno mixture. Finish with the top burger bun.
This recipe is perfect for
This Simple Nacho Burger recipe is ideal for...
- Busy weeknight dinners
- Father's Day
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- When the kids have friends over
- 4th of July BBQs
There you have it! Super simple nacho burgers that everyone will love.
If you know, you will be short on time and need a quick dinner, prepare the hamburger patties ahead of time and store them covered in the refrigerator.
Also, go ahead and mix the tomato and jalapeno mixture and store them in the refrigerator in a covered container.
When you get home from your busy day, all you need to do is cook the hamburger patties and assemble the nacho burgers!
I like to cook the hamburger patties on the grill, but a cast iron skillet also works excellent.
I use either Roma tomatoes or tomatoes on the vine to make the simple topping. When dicing the tomato, I only use the outside area. The inside of the tomato, the juicier part, can be used to make a salsa for the extra chips.
Use as much (or as little) jalapeno as your family likes. You can always make this topping very mild, and if anyone wants a bit more heat, they can add extra jalapeno to their nacho burger.
The easiest thing to do for cheese topping is to buy the jarred queso cheese dip. It works great! My favorite flavor for this recipe is Monterey Jack Queso.
- The FDA recommends cooking ground meat to 160 degrees F.
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food that previously touched raw meat.
- Wash hands after touching raw meat.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family's favorite recipes.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Simple Nacho Burger
- 1 pound Ground Beef *
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ cup Queso Dip
- 2 Tomatoes Diced
- 1 Jalapeno Diced
- 1 cup Tortilla Chips
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Make the hamburger patties. You can make them either ¼ pound or ⅓ pound, whichever you prefer. Sprinkle the burger patties with salt and black pepper .
- Dice some tomato and jalapeno. Combine tomatoes with the diced jalapenos and lime juice from ½ of a lime, if you are using it. Mix and set aside.
- Heat a grill or a large pan over medium to medium-high heat. Cook the burger patties until done. (160 degrees F). Grilling the burgers takes about 3 - 4 minutes per side, depending on the size of the patty and the temperature you are cooking at.
- Toast the hamburger buns with the toaster, on the grill, or in a heated frying pan.
- To assemble the burgers, start with the bottom hamburger bun and add a pile of tortilla chips. Place the cooked hamburger patty over the chips.
- Next, spoon some of the queso dip over the burger patty. Use as much or as little as you like!
- Now, add the tomato and jalapeno mixture. Finish with the top burger bun.