Two favorite meals joined as one. Yummy hamburger meets cheesy nachos! Simple Nacho Burgers is a kid-friendly, family favorite dinner idea.
It is quick, delicious, and full of flavor. Take a look at how easy this kid-friendly hamburger recipe is.
We all want and need more of those 'go to' recipes that are kid-friendly and approved by the whole family. These burgers are perfect for super busy (or lazy) days.
This nacho burger is a fun hamburger option that you can prepare in around 20 minutes!
For another quick family meal idea using ground beef, try my Taco Sloppy Joes! Unbelievably easy, and kids love it! Or, if you have a little more time, this Simple No-Veggie Meatloaf is also a hit at my house.
The ingredients you will need to make these Simple Nacho Burgers are,
- Ground Beef - I like using lean ground beef (93-7) in this recipe, but use your favorite. Or, replace the ground beef with ground turkey or ground pork.
- Salt and Pepper - Salt and pepper aren't shown in the photo above. You will use this to season the burger patties before cooking.
- Hamburger Buns - I love the brioche buns, but not everyone does. Use your family's favorite.
- Queso - Queso dip works perfectly with this recipe. Our personal favorite is Monterey Jack Queso.
- Tortilla Chips - Yellow corn, white corn, blue corn... even lime tortilla chips will work.
- Tomatoes - Roma tomatoes or tomatoes on the vine work great.
- Jalapeno - Add as little or as much as you like. Chop and set aside a little extra for those who want it a bit hotter.
- Lime - Using lime is optional.
See the recipe card below for quantities and complete directions to this recipe.
How to prepare Nacho Burgers
Make the hamburger patties. You can make them either ¼ pound or ⅓ pound, whichever you prefer. This recipe is based on ¼ pound burgers. Sprinkle the burger patties with salt and black pepper.
Dice some tomato and jalapeno. Combine tomatoes with the diced jalapenos and lime juice from ½ of lime if you use it. Mix and set aside.
Heat a grill or a large pan over medium to medium-high heat. Cook the burger patties until done. (160 degrees F). Grilling the burgers takes about 3 - 4 minutes per side.
Toast the hamburger buns with the toaster, grill, or a heated frying pan.
To assemble the burgers, start with the bottom hamburger bun and add a pile of tortilla chips. Place the cooked hamburger patty over the chips.
Next, spoon some of the queso dip over the burger patty. Use as much or as little as you like!
Now, add the tomato and jalapeno mixture. Finish with the top burger bun.
This recipe is perfect for
This Simple Nacho Burger recipe is perfect for...
- Busy weeknight dinners
- Father's Day
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- When the kids have friends over
- 4th of July BBQ's
There you have it! Super simple nacho burgers that everyone will love.
Other recipes you might enjoy
If you know you will be short on time and need a quick dinner, prepare the hamburger patties ahead of time and store them covered in the refrigerator.
Also, go ahead and mix together the tomato and jalapeno mixture and store them in the refrigerator in a covered container.
When you get home from your busy day, all you really need to do is cook the hamburger patties and assemble the nacho burgers!
If you want an even quicker meal, use your favorite salsa in place of the fresh tomato and jalapeno mixture.
I like using lean ground beef for this recipe. If you are frying the burgers, a cast-iron skillet works great! I prefer to grill this burger and get those nice grill marks!
I use either Roma tomatoes or tomatoes on the vine to make the simple topping. When dicing the tomato, I only use the outside area. The inside of the tomato, the juicier part, can be used to make a salsa for the extra chips.
Use as much (or as little) jalapeno as your family likes. You can always make this topping very mild, and if anyone wants a bit more heat, they can add extra jalapeno to their nacho burger.
The easiest thing to do for cheese topping is to buy the jarred queso cheese dip. It works great! My favorite flavor for this recipe is Monterey Jack Queso.
- The FDA recommends cooking ground meat to 160 degrees F.
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food that previously touched raw meat.
- Wash hands after touching raw meat.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family's favorite recipes.
If you tried this recipe for Simple Nacho Burgers and liked it, please use the stars on the recipe card to rate it.
If you have a question or suggestion about this recipe, please leave a comment, and I will respond as soon as possible.
Simple Nacho Burger
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ cup Queso Dip
- 2 Tomatoes Diced
- 1 Jalapeno Diced
- 1 cup Tortilla Chips
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Make the hamburger patties. You can make them either ¼ pound or ⅓ pound, whichever you prefer. Sprinkle the burger patties with salt and black pepper .
- Dice some tomato and jalapeno. Combine tomatoes with the diced jalapenos and lime juice from ½ of a lime, if you are using it. Mix and set aside.
- Heat a grill or a large pan over medium to medium-high heat. Cook the burger patties until done. (160 degrees F). Grilling the burgers takes about 3 - 4 minutes per side, depending on the size of the patty and the temperature you are cooking at.
- Toast the hamburger buns with the toaster, on the grill, or in a heated frying pan.
- To assemble the burgers, start with the bottom hamburger bun and add a pile of tortilla chips. Place the cooked hamburger patty over the chips.
- Next, spoon some of the queso dip over the burger patty. Use as much or as little as you like!
- Now, add the tomato and jalapeno mixture. Finish with the top burger bun.