Sweetened Carrots is probably my son's favorite vegetable dish. His grandma will fix them for him every time we have dinner at her house.
He makes sure she doesn't have to worry about leftovers. I have used both sliced carrots and baby carrots to make this recipe.
This is a very simple, vegetable side dish recipe. So, if you are looking for a kid-friendly, delicious and simple vegetable dish, give these Sweetened Carrots a try.
- 5 - 6 or more Carrots or 1 small bag of baby Carrots
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Peel and slice carrots if necessary.
- Boil carrots in salted water until done. You just want to be able to pierce them with a fork, you do not want them mushy and falling apart.
- Drain water from the carrots, return pan and carrots back to the stove. Add about 1 - 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 -2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Stir occasionally as the butter melts and the sugar starts to dissolve. When everything is mixed together nicely, they are done. Adjust the amount of brown sugar you use to your own desired sweetness level. Serve.