These brown sugar Glazed Carrots are a slightly sweetened, delicious vegetable dish my mother-in-law would make for my son every holiday meal. Leftovers never happened with this candied carrot side dish.
Along with these Glazed Carrots, we love to serve this Cheesy Broccoli Casserole and these Sweet Potatoes with Crumb Topping for the holidays.
Why we love this recipe
- These delicious brown sugar carrots are ready in about 20 minutes. This is a super easy, delicious recipe.
- This recipe for Glazed Carrots isn't too sweet. We don't go overboard on the butter and brown sugar, which makes this recipe great for any time of year. However, this vegetable side dish is perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
- Whether you use baby carrots, packaged sliced carrots, or peel and cut your own, this recipe works perfectly! Brown sugar carrots are a simple and delicious side dish that kids love!
If needed, wash and peel the carrots. Cut the carrots to the desired size; for convenience, use packaged baby carrots or sliced carrots.
Step 1 - Place the carrots in a medium size saucepan. Cover the carrots with water and sprinkle with a little bit of salt.
Bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat. Cook the carrots until fork tender. This will take 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the carrots.
Drain the carrots when they are done cooking. Set aside.
Step 2 - Melt the butter over medium heat using the same saucepan you cooked the carrots in. Add the brown sugar and salt.
Step 3 - Bring the brown sugar and butter mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about a minute.
Add the carrots to the saucepan and stir well to cover all the carrots with the brown sugar glaze.
Move the carrots to a serving bowl.
And that is it. The sweet carrots are done and ready to serve. Delicious, lightly sweetened Glazed Carrots made with brown sugar and butter.
Other recipes you might like
Yes! This recipe for brown sugar carrots is perfect for making ahead of time. Just reheat when you are ready to serve.
I suggest not keeping the prepared sweet carrots for more than 2 or 3 days.
Find all my family-friendly recipes on Pinterest at Cook This Again. Or, on Facebook at Cook This Again.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
- 16 ounces Baby Carrots or carrots of your choice
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Wash, peel, and slice carrots if necessary.
- Place carrots in a medium saucepan. Cover the carrots with water and sprinkle with salt.
- Bring the water to a boil. Cook the carrots until fork tender. This will take 5 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the carrots.
- Drain the carrots and set aside.
- Using the same pan, melt the butter along with the brown sugar and a dash of salt over medium heat.
- Bring the brown sugar mixture to a light boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for a minute.
- Add the carrots and stir well. Coat all of the carrots with the sweetened glaze.
- The glazed carrots are now done and ready to serve.
Leave a Reply