Our peach tree is overloaded with yummy peaches just about every year. With so much fresh fruit, I am making everything I can think of using peaches. One morning, it was Peach Muffins. This recipe was a winner!
I started with my recipe for Lemon Lime Muffins, and then adjusted some spices, and added the fresh chopped peaches. They came out so light, tender, and very, very tasty.
Other recipes you might like
To make these peach muffins you will need,
- Brown sugar
- Canola oil
- Greek yogurt
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Allspice, optional
How to prepare this recipe
Even though I used fresh peaches, I am sure that canned peaches could also be used in this recipe.
Peel and dice the peaches, you need a total of 1 cup. Set aside.
Beat together the egg, brown sugar, oil, yogurt, and milk.
In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and the spices.
Add the flour to the liquids and stir only until combined. Fold in the peaches.
Scoop the peach muffin batter into the muffin tin that has been lined with papers or sprayed with non-stick spray.
Bake. Cool slightly and enjoy!
*I usually use Vanilla Greek Yogurt. If you use plain Greek Yogurt, add just a touch of vanilla.
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt*
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Allspice optional
Fold in last
- 1 cup Peaches diced
- First of all, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, beat the egg. Add the oil, brown sugar, yogurt, and milk. Mix well.
- Next, in a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stir just until combined. Fold in the peaches.
- Divide the batter into a 12 cup muffin tin that has been lined with muffin papers or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake the muffins in a 350 degree oven for 17 – 20 minutes. The Peach Muffins will be golden brown and a toothpick will come out cleanly when they are done.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and cool slightly. Enjoy!
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family’s favorite recipes.
If you tried this recipe and liked it, please use the stars on the above recipe card, or next to the comments below to rate the recipe. If you have a question or suggestion about this or any other recipe, please leave a comment and I will respond as soon as possible.