There is a reason garlic bread is so popular. It is delicious! Crusty bread, smothered in butter and garlic, a few herbs, some parmesan cheese, then baked until golden brown and crispy! This recipe for garlic bread spread is heavenly!
What to serve with garlic bread
Some of our recipes we like to serve this bread with are this pasta dish made with our homemade turkey sausage and skillet lasagna made with egg noodles. Add a nice salad topped with some homemade ranch dressing and you have a delicious dinner!
Garlic, Parmesan Cheese, Basil, Italian Seasoning, Marjoram, Oregano, Butter, Parsley, Salt, and Pepper.
Step-by-Step Recipe Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
To make the garlic bread spread, place the room temperature butter, minced garlic, seasonings, and Parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl.
Mix together until well blended.
Spread the seasoned butter over the French bread.
If you haven't already, place the buttered bread onto the baking sheet.
Bake the bread until the butter has melted and the bread is warmed though. Place the bread under the broiler until golden brown.
Any type of crusty bread with a soft inside works great for making garlic bread. Use your favorite firm crust bread.
Sure! Mix the spread and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use, or go ahead and spread it on the bread, wrap the bread, and keep refrigerated until ready to use. Just remember, if the bread is cold when you are ready to bake, it will probably take a little bit longer in the oven.
Fresh is always best for the most flavorful bread. However, the powder does work, so if you are craving toasted bread with garlic and garlic powder is all you have, go for it!
Other recipes you might like
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Use this bread spread, complete with the parmesan cheese, when you are making grilled cheese sandwiches. Garlic Parmesan Grilled Cheese sandwiches has been a family favorite around here for years!
Garlic Bread Spread
- ½ cup Butter unsalted, room temperature
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon Marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon Basil dried
- ¼ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Oregano dried
- ¼ teaspoon Parsley dried
- ¼ teaspoon Salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper or to taste
- 1 Loaf of French Bread split in half through the middle
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. or aluminum foil.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter, garlic, parmesan, and seasonings until well blended.
- Place the bread on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the seasoned butter over the bread.
- Bake the bread for 10 to 12 minutes.
- If desired, turn on the oven broiler and cook, watching carefully, until the bread is golden on top, about 2 minutes.
- Slice the bread and serve.