Have you ever tried indoor s'mores? If you are looking for an great way to make Oven S'mores, take a look at this simple method. This Easy Oven S'mores Recipe is a perfect twist on campfire s'mores, especially on a cold or rainy day.
Using the same simple ingredients as open fire pit s'mores, but the toasted marshmallows come straight out of the oven. Once you have a golden brown marshmallow, top if off with a piece of chocolate. All that yummy, familiar flavor created right in your own kitchen, any time of year.
Why we love this recipe
- Sometimes you would just rather be indoors. This easy s'mores recipe is a great way to enjoy this summer treat right out of the oven.
- Oven s'mores is an easy way to make a large batch of goodies for a crowd. In just a few minutes your guests will be smiling when you offer them this yummy treat.
- S'mores anytime! Just turn on the oven, no need to build a fire.
Graham Crackers, Marshmallows, and Hershey's Chocolate.
Marshmallows: Use your favorite size of marshmallow. Mini marshmallows will be a little bit more difficult to work with. The regular size marshmallow works great. In fact, you can try just one or even two. If using the jumbo marshmallows, you can cut them in half, in less of course, you want a lot of gooey marshmallow in the center of your s'mores.
Chocolate: The kind of chocolate is personal preference. Milk chocolate is traditional, or maybe you would rather try dark chocolate.
You can use the fun-size, snack-size, or break up a bigger candy bar.
Step-by-Step Recipe Directions
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. This helps make clean-up extra simple.
Break the graham crackers in half into squares. Using half of the squares, place a single layer of graham crackers squares on the baking sheet. Set the other half aside for now.
Place a marshmallow (or marshmallows) on top of each graham cracker square.
Set the oven to broil and place the sheet pan into the oven. I have found having the broiler setting on Hi works best. But remember, every oven is different.
The marshmallows should be golden brown in 30 to 90 seconds. Watch them closely! They can burn very easily.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Place a piece of chocolate on top of the toasty marshmallows.
Turn the oven off, and using an oven mitt place the baking sheet back in the hot oven to help melt the chocolate. This should take about 30 to 60 seconds.
The chocolate is ready when it is soft and melty as shown above.
Remove the baking sheet once again and place a reserved graham cracker piece over the melted chocolate. Slightly press down on the top graham cracker
We hope you enjoy this easy way to enjoy s'mores year-round. Whether it is just sweet treats for the kids snack, a special occasion, or family movie nights.
Or, if you need an easy dessert recipe for your next get together, this recipe is a great choice and sure to be the hit of your party.
Other recipes you might like
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Easy Oven S'mores Recipe
- 9 Graham Cracker Sheet 18 squares
- 18 Marshmallows regular size
- 9 Bars Hershey Snack Size Milk Chocolate unwrapped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Break the 9 graham cracker sheets in half. Place 9 of the squares on the parchment lines baking sheet, in a single layer.
- Place 1 or 2 marshmallows over each graham cracker square.
- Set the oven to broil. Place the baking sheet in the oven and toast the marshmallows for 30 - 90 seconds. Watch them closely so they do not burn.
- Use an oven mitt and remove the pan from the oven. Place a piece of chocolate over each of the toasted marshmallows.
- Turn the oven off. Using your oven mitt, return the baking sheet to the oven. Give the chocolate about 30 to 60 seconds to start to melt.
- Remove the baking sheet and place the reserved graham cracker square on top of the melted chocolate.
- Serve immediately or cool before serving.