You can use fresh or frozen blueberries to make a yummy Blueberry Milkshake. I like to use fresh berries whenever possible, but both types work well. So, if you were wondering How to make a Blueberry Milkshake - I will give you tips and suggestions to make this refreshing treat.
I was inspired to make this Blueberry Milkshake after making a pie using one of my mom's favorite recipes.
This post was updated in June 2021.
Ingredients needed for this recipe
- Blueberries - you can use fresh or frozen.
- Ice Cream - vanilla ice cream is the way to go. Choose your favorite brand.
- Milk - I have used both whole milk and 2% milk.
- Cinnamon - just a touch adds so much flavor.
- Whipped Cream Topping - because why not?
- Extras - top your milkshake with more blueberries, or crumble some graham cracker crumbs over the top, or maybe you prefer sprinkles?
How to make this milkshake
Measure the ice cream into a blender. Add the blueberries, cinnamon, and about half of the milk. You can add more milk if it is too thick.
Blend well until everything is mixed and the blueberries are well blended in. Top the Blueberry Milkshake with some whipped cream and any toppings (extras) you might like to use.
Faq's and tips
Yes! The frozen berries, however, can make the milkshake a bit thicker and you may need additional milk to get a consistency you like.
Not usually, but sometimes blueberries can be a bit tart. You can sample the berries before blending the milkshake or take a tiny sample before serving the milkshakes. If they need a little extra sweetness, add some granulated sugar and blend again. Start with a small amount of sugar, maybe a teaspoon or so to start.
Measure your ice cream scoop. Add water to the scoop and pour it into a measuring cup. My scoop equals ¼ cup.
Or, you can add the milk to the blender and add the ice cream until the milk level raises. Use the guidelines on the side of the blender.
Other recipes you might like
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family’s favorite recipes.
If you tried this recipe for the homemade Blueberry Milkshake and you liked it, please use the above recipe card’s stars to rate the recipe. If you have a question or suggestion about this or any other recipe, please leave a comment, and I will respond as soon as possible.
How to make a Blueberry Milkshake
- 2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Milk whole or 2 %
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Whipped Topping
- Measure the ice cream into a blender. Add the blueberries, cinnamon, and about half of the milk. Blend.
- Add more milk if needed. Blend well until everything is mixed and the blueberries are well blended in.
- Pour into galsses and top the Blueberry Milkshake with some whipped cream and any toppings (extras) you might like to use.