Are you in need of a quick and easy biscuit recipe that the entire family will absolutely love? Butter Dip Biscuits has become one of our favorite recipes. Cooked in a pool of butter, these 4 ingredient biscuits are soft, tender, and delicious.
Tender biscuits... the perfect comfort food.
These butter dip biscuits go well along side eggs and bacon for breakfast, or maybe a bowl of soup or chili at lunch or dinner time. However, these biscuits are a bit soft and may not work well for a breakfast sandwich, at least not on the first day. For a snack, a warmed biscuit with some honey or strawberry jam can't be beat! Or, try them topped with a bit of homemade apricot syrup!
Why are these biscuits so easy to make? Well, they start off with good old Bisquick or your favorite store brand of baking mix. The only other ingredients you will need are sour cream, lemon lime soda, and butter. That is it! So simple to make, these buttery biscuits are the perfect recipe to have the kids help you make.
Step-by-Step Recipe Directions
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Melt the stick of butter in the microwave or small pan on the stove, set aside for a moment.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the Bisquick or baking mix, with the sour cream. Mix.
The biscuit dough will be very crumbly at this point.
Add the lemon lime soda (7 UP and Sprite work well).
Mix the lemon lime soda into the dough until a soft dough forms. It will be a bit sticky.
Pour about ⅓ of the melted butter into the 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Pour the batter on top of the melted butter.
Pour another ⅓ of the melted butter over the biscuit batter. Use a spatula to press biscuit dough evenly to the edges of the baking dish.
Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into 12 even squares.
Pour the remaining melted butter over the top of the biscuit dough
Bake the biscuits for 15 to 20 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Butter Dip Biscuits are an easy recipe that is a simple way to enjoy warm and delicious biscuits. With just a handful of ingredients and minimal effort, you can whip up a batch of these tender and fluffy treats in no time. Whether served as a side dish for dinner or enjoyed as a breakfast treat, these biscuits are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So why not give this recipe a try? Your taste buds will thank you!
These butter dip biscuits will last a day a two, covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, at room temperature. If placed in the refrigerator, they should last a day or two longer.
We normally reheat them in the microwave, but they only take a few seconds. Set the biscuit on a microwave safe plate and cover with a paper towel. It will probably take 6 - 10 seconds for a single biscuit to be warmed.
Absolutely! Just minced 1 to 2 teaspoons of fresh garlic and add it to the melted butter. Follow the rest of the recipe directions as written.
Other recipes you might like
Turn these biscuits into dessert. Split one in half, top with some sweetened strawberries and whipped topping! Yum!
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Butter Dip Biscuits
- 4 cups Bisquick or store brand baking mix
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Lemon Lime Soda
- ½ cup Butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Melt the stick of butter, set aside for a moment.
- In a large bowl, combine the Bisquick or baking mix, with the sour cream. Mix.
- The biscuit dough will be very crumbly at this point.
- Add the lemon lime soda (7 UP and Sprite work well).
- Mix the lemon lime soda into the dough until a soft dough forms.
- Pour about ⅓ of the melted butter into the 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Pour the batter over the melted butter.
- Pour another ⅓ of the melted butter over the biscuit dough. Use a spatula to spread the dough evenly to the edges of the baking dish.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into 12 even squares.
- Top the dough with the remaining melted butter.
- Bake the biscuits for 15 to 20 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!