Prepare to be delighted by this delicious easy guacamole recipe. This guacamole recipe blends simple ingredients like creamy avocado, tangy lime, and aromatic spices with crunchy red onion, juicy Roma tomato, and fresh cilantro. Perfect for any occasion, this easy homemade guacamole will be your go-to guacamole recipe.
Table of contents
Pair this effortless guacamole recipe with Homemade Tortilla Chips for a splendid snack to share with friends and family.
This chips and guacamole combo makes a fantastic addition to game days, Cinco de Mayo celebrations, holiday gatherings, barbecues, or potlucks.
Why we like this recipe
- It is super simple to make
- This recipe uses simple ingredients
- The flavor is fabulous!
Tip: To prevent the guacamole from turning brown, press plastic wrap firmly against the top of the guacamole in the bowl, making sure to eliminate any air pockets.
Avocado, red onion, lime, salt, garlic powder, cilantro, Roma tomatoes.
- If you like black pepper in your guacamole, add it when you add the garlic powder and salt.
- For spicy guacamole, mix in some sliced or chopped jalapeno or serrano chilies.
- If you prefer, add 1 to 2 minced or chopped garlic cloves in place of the garlic powder.
- Fresh lime juice (or lemon juice) is always preferred over the bottled version. However, you can use what you have available.
Tip: For best results, make guacamole with ripe avocados, not underripe or mushy avocados. If your avocados are not quite ripe yet, let them set at room temperature, not in direct sunlight, and check daily for ripeness. Or, you can place them in a paper bag. Don't forget to check on them daily.
Step-by-Step Recipe Directions
Cut the avocados in half and scoop out into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Use a fork or a potato masher to mash the avocados. Mash more for a smoother texture, and less for a chunkier texture.
Add the juice of 1 lime, the garlic powder, and salt to the mashed avocado.
Tip: If you don't have, or don't like lime, you can easily substitute it with lemon juice.
Add the finely chopped red onion, diced tomatoes, and cilantro.
Mix until blended. Taste the guacamole and adjust any seasonings as desired.
Serve the bowl of guacamole with tortilla chips.
Other recipes you might like
Store any leftover guacamole in an airtight container or by using a layer of plastic wrap that is firmly pressed again the guacamole to keep the air from turning the guac brown. Store in the refrigerator.
It is best to use up the homemade guacamole within 1 to 2 days. However, it is best when eaten while fresh.
Adding freshly chopped jalapeno or serrano chilis is the easiest way to add some heat to your guacamole.
In conclusion, this simple guacamole recipe is delicious with its fresh ingredients and vibrant flavors. Whether you are treating yourself or sharing with friends and family, we hope you enjoy this homemade guacamole recipe.
When they were younger, my kids loved guacamole served alongside a little bit of sour cream for dipping their tortilla chips.
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Easy Guacamole Recipe (simple ingredients)
- 6 medium Avocados ripe, but not mushy
- 1 Lime juiced
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder or 1 -2 pieces of fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Roma Tomato diced
- ⅓ cup Red Onion diced
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop out into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Use a fork or a potato masher to mash the avocados. Mash more for a smoother texture, and less for a chunkier texture.
- Add the juice of 1 lime, the garlic powder, and salt to the mashed avocado.
- Add the finely chopped red onion, diced tomatoes, and cilantro. Mix until blended.
- Taste the guacamole and adjust any seasonings as desired.
- Serve the bowl of guacamole with tortilla chips.