Meatless Monday meets Taco Tuesday! Forget the tortilla shells and ground meat for a tasty and light meal. Grab some potatoes, season them up, and make Taco Roasted Potatoes!
This post was updated in September 2020 with new photos, a few added seasonings, and step by step instructions.
This recipe for Taco Roasted Potatoes is made with a simple blend of seasonings that you probably already have in your spice rack. It makes a great side dish or you can add your favorite taco toppings to these seasoned roasted potatoes for a great lunch or light meal!
My daughter told me that these potatoes are the best thing that I have ever cooked. My son wasn't too sure at first, but I almost didn't get any because he was back for seconds before I could get a chance to dish up my own plate!
Other recipes you might enjoy
- Olive Oil
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Smokey Paprika
How to prepare this recipe
This recipe is super easy and the only dishes to clean are the baking sheet and a cutting board.
First of all, wash, peel, and cut the potatoes into pieces. About 1 or so inch cubes. works well.
Place the cubed potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with some olive oil. Then sprinkle with the seasonings. You can either do the seasonings individually, or mix them all together first, your choice.
Now the fun part. Mix it all together. I just use my hands. Make sure all the potatoes are coated well with the olive oil and the seasonings.
If using your hands is not something you want to do, you can always use a spoon or spatula. Or, maybe you prefer to use a bowl or even a Zip-loc bag.
Before baking, make sure that the potatoes are spaced out as best you can. You want the potatoes to have room to cook and crisp up. If they are too close together they tend to steam, and will get soft before they have a chance to get crispy.
Bake them until they are fork-tender and golden brown. I like to stir them a time or two while they bake.
We like to have the Taco Roasted Potatoes for lunch, served with salsa, sour cream, cheese, and maybe some sliced avocado.
These seasoned roasted potatoes also a great, kid-friendly, dinner for finicky eaters. My daughter loved this when she was little, and still enjoys it today.
- I have used both red potatoes and russets. Both work well, but I personally prefer red potatoes.
- If you don't have the Oregano, you can substitute Italian Seasoning.
- Adjust any of the seasonings to your liking.
Taco Roasted Potatoes
- 4 Potatoes washed, peeled, and cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Smokey Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Salsa
- Pre-heat the oven to 400-degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Wash, peel, and cube the potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Lay the potatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Using your hands, or a utensil, mix everything together well until all the potatoes are well coated.
- Make sure the potatoes are not crowded on the baking sheet. Space them out as much as possible.
- Bake the potatoes for 25 - 35 minutes until fork-tender and golden brown. Turn a time or two during the cooking time.
- Serve the Taco Roasted Potatoes with your favorite taco toppings!
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family’s favorite recipes.
If you tried this recipe and liked it, please use the stars on the above recipe card, or next to the comments below to rate the recipe. If you have a question or suggestion about this or any other recipe, please leave a comment and I will respond as soon as possible.