This recipe for Artichoke Heart Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped in Bacon is inspired by a picture that went through my personal Facebook news feed from the Monterey Artichoke Festival. They posted a picture only, no recipe.
This recipe post was updated in June 2020 to adjust photo size and a few minor changes. The recipe is still the same.
After showing it to my husband, we decided to give them a try ourselves. We are always happy to find another appetizer recipe. I used a little help and inspiration for the filling with a recipe for an Artichoke Dip by Paula Deen.
Other recipes you might like
- Curry Chicken Dip
- Cheese Stuffed Dates wrapped in Bacon
- Crock Pot Pulled Chicken
- Chipotle Ranch Sauce
- Baked Catfish Nuggets
Ingredients needed for this recipe
- Artichoke hearts
- Cream cheese
- Green onions
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Smokey paprika
How to prepare this recipe
First of all, you need to prepare the jalapenos.
Cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Scrap out the seeds and veins. I usually use a spoon to do this. Make sure to leave the top of the pepper intact to help hold the filling inside. We want to keep as much of that in there as possible!
Next, you need to mix up the filling.
Mix the filling ingredients together and start to fill the peppers. You have cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan, green onions, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and of course, artichokes hearts. Oh, yes!
There is enough filling for about 10 - 12 (20 - 24 appetizers) medium jalapenos. If you have any leftovers you can use them as a dip. Or just eat it. I won't judge.
After filling each jalapeno, wrap it with half a piece of bacon. (or a whole piece if you prefer) Using a toothpick helps to hold everything together. I like using thinner bacon for this. To me, it just seems to cook up better.
For the final step, and before baking, I sprinkled the Artichoke Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped in Bacon with some smokey paprika for a little bit of extra flavor. Okay, let's get these things finished so we can eat!
Finally, bake them until they are golden brown and the bacon is cooked. If you like your bacon a little crispier, cook a minute or two longer. Just keep a close eye on them.
At first, I thought I made too many for us, but I placed the rest in the refrigerator and they lasted several days. My husband even liked them better the next day!
These stuffed peppers are a perfect appetizer for any BBQ get-together or other gatherings. I wouldn't worry about making them ahead of time, they will still be delicious. You can always prep them ahead of time, store them in the refrigerator, and bake them right before serving.
Artichoke Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped in Bacon
- 12 Jalapenos cut in half length wise
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 14 oz Artichoke Hearts canned, roughly chopped
- 2 Green Onions finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Worcestershire Sauce several dashes
- Dash or two of Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 12 slices Bacon each piece cut in half
- Smokey Paprika
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the jalapenos and remove the stems. Cut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and veins. Place on a baking sheet.
- Mix together the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Add the artichoke hearts, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese, cayenne, and salt and pepper. and mix well. Taste and adjust spices to your taste.
- Fill the jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture and wrap the center with a ½ piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Bake the Artichoke Heart Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped in Bacon in a 400 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve. Enjoy!