Are you looking for a tasty and easy appetizer to serve at our next party or gathering that is kid-friendly? These Easy Pizza Wonton Cups made with pepperoni and wonton wrappers are a crowd-pleaser for kids of all ages!
Wonton Pizza Cups are easy-to-eat finger food that packs a big punch of flavor. This fun and unique twist on traditional pepperoni pizza is a delicious appetizer that is easy to customize with your favorite pizza toppings.
This easy recipe is a perfect after-school snack, game day snack, or the perfect savory treat when you are craving a bit of pizza. Other recipes that might satisfy that pizza craving are these Homemade Pizza Puff Pastry Pockets or these fun Pepperoni Pizza Sliders.
Just for Fun
Even though wonton wrappers are typically used to make Chinese dumplings, they can easily be used to make appetizers, like this recipe for example. Or, you can make dessert cups and add cream cheese or pie fillings. How about using it in place of ravioli? Fill the wonton wrapper with cheese, meat, or spinach, and use your favorite sauce.
Mozzarella Cheese, Wonton Wrappers, Pizza Sauce, and Fresh Parsley.
- You can find wonton wrappers in your local grocery store. I commonly find them in the aisle by the fresh produce that also carries tofu.
- Turkey pepperoni will work just fine in this recipe.
- You can easily cut the pepperoni slices if you are unable to find the mini pepperoni.
- Switch up the flavors of this recipe by using your favorite pizza ingredients.
- Use extra pizza sauce as a dipping sauce if you like. Or, maybe your family will prefer a dipping sauce of blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- Just like regular pizza, you can top these mini pizza cups with red pepper flakes or parmesan cheese.
You will need the following items to make this recipe:
● Sharp knife
● Cutting board
● Muffin tin
Step-by-Step Recipe Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Chop the Parsley and set aside.
3. Place the wonton wrapper in the muffin tin to form a cup. Bake for 3 minutes.
4. Add the pizza sauce to the center of the wonton wrappers.
5. Next, add the shredded mozzarella cheese.
6. Finally, top off with pepperoni slices.
7. Return the muffin pan to the oven and bake the Pizza Wonton Cups for about 8 minutes. The edges of the wonton wrapper with be golden brown.
Top with the chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, and extra pizza sauce all make great dipping sauces.
This is a super easy appetizer recipe that is perfect to get the kids involved with. They will love helping to make and helping to eat these delicious appetizers.
Shredded mozzarella is the best choice. If you want to buy the pre-shredded cheese, you could also use the pizza blend available at most supermarkets.
Make a double batch of these yummy appetizers, they go quickly!
Other recipes you might like
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Easy Pizza Wonton Cups (kid-friendly appetizer)
- 12 Wonton Wrappers
- ¼ cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 36 Pepperoni mini
- 1 tablespoon Parsley fresh, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Chop the Parsley and set it aside.
- Place the wonton wrapper in the muffin tin to form a cup. Bake for 3 minutes.
- Add the pizza sauce to the center of the wonton wrappers.
- Next, add the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Finally, top off with pepperoni slices.
- Return the muffin pan to the oven and bake the Pizza Wonton Cups for about 8 minutes. The edges of the wonton wrapper with be golden brown.
- Top with the chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!