Are you short on time but still need breakfast? These delicious Cheesy Ham & Egg Breakfast Bagels are a perfect solution. Make them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge for a couple days, or the freezer for longer. Warm in the microwave and you are on your way!
This is a perfect recipe for the on the go parent, or for the kids getting ready for a busy day. Starting with a mini bagel, add some scrambled eggs, chopped ham, and a bit of cheese. Everything to satisfy your hunger in a mini breakfast pizza bagel.
Table of contents
Why we love this recipe
- Easy to prepare - You can quickly make a large batch of these breakfast bagels on the weekend and refrigerate them or freeze them for later use.
- Basic ingredients - These ham and egg bagels use simple ingredients that you can easily change up to add a variety of flavors for your family.
- A perfect on the go breakfast - By quickly heating these breakfast bagels in the microwave, you can have breakfast, or a snack, ready in just moments.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe are: Mini Bagels, Butter, Eggs, Colby Jack Cheese, Diced Ham, Milk, Salt, and Pepper.
If you want to change up the recipe a bit, consider trying:
- Bacon or crumbled sausage instead of ham.
- Cheddar or pepper Jack cheese.
- Chopped green bell pepper or green onion.
Step-by-step recipe directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean up.
Split the mini bagels in half. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
Add the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl. Beat well.
Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the butter and once melted, add the eggs and lightly scramble.
Leave them slightly undercooked so they will spread onto the bagel easier. They will continue to cook in the oven.
Spread the scrambled egg over the bagel halves.
Top the eggs with chopped ham.
Top the ham and egg bagels with the shredded cheese.
Bake the cheesy breakfast bagels for 5 to 8 minutes until the cheese melts. Let cool slightly and serve.
Or, place the bagels in an air tight container and store for a day or two in the refrigerator, or freeze for later use.
When reheating the breakfast bagels in the microwave, do it in 20 second increments since all ovens vary. Be careful about over heating.
Other recipes you might like
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
We like to use the thick cut ham steaks available in most grocery stores. They cube up nicely, and are already cooked. They are great for this recipe or to top a baked potato or salad. You can also use ham lunchmeat in this recipe.
Cheesy Ham & Egg Breakfast Bagels
- 5 Mini Bagels split in half
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 cup Ham cooked and cubed
- 1 cup Colby Jack Cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Split the bagels in half and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Beat the eggs along with the milk, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add the butter to the heated skillet, and add the beaten eggs.
- Lightly scramble the eggs, keeping them slightly undercooked and soft so they spread on the bagel easier. (they will keep cooking in the oven)
- Spread the egg over the bagel halves.
- Top with a bit of cubed ham.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the ham. You can press down lightly on each breakfast bagel to help it all stay in place.
- Bake the bagels until the cheese has melted. About 5 to 8 minutes.