I make these delicious Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins using two extra ripe bananas. From start to finish, you can make these tasty muffins in around 30 minutes! The combination of bananas and chocolate chips is sure to please the fussiest eaters.
For something a little bit different, try these Chocolate Banana Muffins. They are my daughter's favorite. Or, these Banana Almond Bran Muffins are also delicious.
Table of contents
Why we love this recipe
- Use up over-ripe bananas - This muffin recipe is a great way to use up those over-ripe bananas sitting on your counter. Since only two bananas are needed, chances are you will have the necessary ingredients already on hand.
- Chocolate chips - I mean, who doesn't like chocolate chips? Semi-sweet, dark chocolate or milk chocolate chips all work in this recipe!
- They are easy and delicious - As busy parents, we all love having easy and delicious recipes handy. These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast, afternoon snack, or simple dessert!
This recipe has basic ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. The only possible ingredient substitutions I would suggest are;
- Butter - If you don't like using regular butter, I suggest trying plant butter. I often use Country Crock Avocado Butter in my baking.
- The chips - As stated above, try semi-sweet, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate chips. Also, there is nothing wrong with trying chocolate chunks or peanut butter chips!
To keep the clean-up to a minimum, I like to use one bowl to mix this chocolate chip muffin batter. Start with a medium to large mixing bowl.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and prepare a muffin pan.
- Mash the banana in the mixing bowl. A large fork works great for this. Add the eggs, milk, melted butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Mix well using a whisk or hand mixer.
2. Next, add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix the batter until all of the flour has been incorporated. You may need to switch to a wooden spoon or spatula in this step.
3. Now, fold in the chocolate chips.
Line a muffin pan with muffin papers if you are using them. Or, spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray.
4. Fill each muffin cup about ⅔ to ¾ full. Add a few extra chips on the top of each muffin if you like.
Bake the muffins for 16 -20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean after being inserted into the center of one of the muffins.
Move the muffins to a rack to cool.
To keep this a one-bowl recipe, I like to add my flour, baking powder, and salt on top of the mixed wet ingredients. I then take my whisk and slightly mix the dry ingredients before incorporating them with the wet ingredients.
Yes, you can. I have done it both ways, but I think the butter tastes better in this recipe. If you prefer oil, I suggest using ⅓ cup instead of the butter.
I always use canola oil. It always works well for me when baking.
I never sift the flour with the other dry ingredients. I like adding the dry ingredients on top of the already mixed wet ingredients. Then, lightly whisk the dry ingredients together before mixing the batter thoroughly.
Other recipes you might like
Find all my recipes on Pinterest at Cook This Again. Or on Facebook at Cook This Again. If you would like to be notified of updates, sign up for my newsletter!
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 Bananas mashed
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ⅓ cup Butter melted
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 2 ¼ cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips more if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas. I use a large fork to do this. Then add the eggs, milk, vanilla, melted butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Put batter into muffin pan. Each cup should be about ⅔ - ¾ full. I prefer using muffin papers, but you can also spray the pan with non-stick spray if you like.
- Bake the Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins in a 375 degree F oven for 16 - 20 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the center of one of the muffins.
- Cool slightly, serve
Leave a Reply