Strawberry Burritos are a quick strawberry dessert that can also be an excellent breakfast for the kids. They are so easy you can even whip them up on busy school mornings. In less than 30-minutes, you can have a quick, grab-and-go snack or breakfast ready.
If your family loves strawberries like mine, here are a couple more of our favorite recipes for strawberry season. Fresh Strawberry Coffee Cake is perfect for the weekends, and the kids always feel refreshed after some Fizzy Fresh Strawberry Lemonade.
Why we love this recipe
- It's easy! - We love super easy recipes that are done quickly. These strawberry wraps use just basic ingredients the kids' love.
- Easy clean-up - Who wants a big mess to clean? Lay out some paper towels, prepare the strawberry burrito, and cook them up. Little mess.
- The kids can help prepare - If your little ones are learning to cook, this is one of those recipes that they can easily help you make. Have them help build the burritos, and an adult can cook them.
- Flour Tortillas - You can really use any size tortilla, depending on how big you want the strawberry burritos to be. You can even use the small tortillas and make a strawberry taco!
- Cream Cheese - I have used both regular and whipped cream cheese. The whipped kind spreads quickly if the kids are helping, but other than that, use your favorite.
Warm a skillet over medium heat. Slice the strawberries. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together. I like to keep some already made in a shaker bottle.
1 - Lay out the first tortilla shell. Spread with some cream cheese, add a layer of sliced strawberries, then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
2 - Fold in both sides of the tortilla as shown. You need just enough to keep the strawberries from falling out.
3 - Next, fold up the bottom of the tortilla shell. It will look a bit like an envelope. Then roll the strawberry burrito over and set it aside.
4 - Lay the burritos in the warmed pan. Start with the seem side down to help it seal. When the strawberry burrito has browned slightly, flip it over.
5 - After another minute or two of browning on the second side, the strawberry burrito will be ready. Serve on a plate with some whipped cream.
Sure. Give blueberries, peaches, or even bananas a try. You could even mix fruits for a variety.
If you don't want to use cream cheese, try a little bit of vanilla yogurt in the filling.
The size of the tortilla is entirely up to personal preference. You can make any size, from mini tacos to super burrito size. I always tried to use a size that was easy for the kids to handle.
These fruit burritos are delicious but can get a little messy with the little ones. Keep plenty of napkins handy! Older kids can usually take a fruit burrito and eat it on the go.
Other recipes you might like
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
- 1 pint Fresh Strawberries sliced
- 4 8-inch Flour Tortilla Shells
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon Sugar Mixture more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons Cream Cheese more or less to taste
- 1 cup Whipped Cream more or less to taste
- Warm a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread some cream cheese on a tortilla shell. Add some fresh sliced strawberries and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Fold up both sides of the tortilla, then bring up the bottom to resemble an envelope.
- Roll the burrito over to close it completely.
- Place strawberry burrito in warmed skillet, seam side down. After a minute or so, turn over. Continue to heat until warm.
- Slice in half. Serve with whipped cream if desired.