Do you ever crave a banana split? How about giving this refreshing, no bake Banana Split Cake a try. This lush dessert starts with a graham cracker crust, layers of pineapple, bananas, and whipped topping, then topped off with some maraschino cherries. In about 30 minutes you can have this layered dessert put together and be enjoying the flavors of a banana split for dessert tonight!
This easy recipe is a crowd favorite and a perfect dessert for summer parties.
Why we love this recipe
No bake - Not only is this an easy recipe, but the fact that it is a no-bake dessert is priceless, especially during the hot summer months. This dessert is served cold, making it a perfect summertime treat.
Layered flavors and textures - From the creamy filling to the crunchy graham cracker crust and the soft banana slices to the extra creamy whipped topping. Delish!
Add on - Do you Want to add extras to this classic dessert? How about a drizzle of chocolate syrup or caramel sauce. Maybe you would like to add another fruit layer? Try adding some sliced strawberries. Or some colorful sprinkles for the kids!
Powdered Sugar, Cool Whip, Granulated Sugar, Maraschino Cherries, Bananas, Melted Butter, Chopped Peanuts, Crushed Pineapple, Graham Crackers, and Cream Cheese.
In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until fine crumbs.
If you do not have a food processor, you can use a Zip-loc bag and a rolling pin to crush the graham crackers.
Next, add the granulated sugar to the crumbs.
Combine graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar together.
Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch cake dish in a flat layer. Refrigerate until set.
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar with a hand mixer.
Spread the cream cheese filling in an even layer over the buttery graham cracker crust.
Place the sliced bananas over the cream cheese layer.
Next, add a layer of the well drained pineapple.
Add a layer of whipped topping over the fruit filling.
Add crushed peanuts and maraschino cherries to the top of the cake.
Refrigerate until completely chilled. Serve cold.
Also known as banana split lasagna, this banana split cake recipe makes a delicious dessert, with many tasteful layers, and is sure to become a family favorite.
Keep this Banana Split Cake refrigerated for up to 2-3 days for your family to enjoy on a hot summer day
It will take about 20 - 30 minutes to assemble this no bake cake. You will then to to refrigerate the cake for several hours for it to set up before cutting.
Store the prepared cake in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap. The cake should last for about 3 days.
Other recipes you might like
Make sure the bananas you are using are ripe but not mushy. Over ripe bananas will brown and become extremely soft very quickly.
Banana Split Cake (no bake)
- 1 Food Processor optional
- 1 Hand Mixer
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 1 ½ sleeves)
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Butter melted
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Bananas sliced
- 20 ounces Crushed Pineapple canned, drained
- 16 ounces Whipped Topping Cool Whip
- ¼ cup Peanuts coarsely chopped
- 15 Maraschino Cherries drained
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until fine crumbs. *
- Next, combine graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar together.
- Add the melted butter and stir the crumbs, sugar, and butter until completely mixed.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch cake dish in a flat layer. Refrigerate until set.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar with a hand mixer.
- Spread the cream cheese filling in an even layer over the buttery graham cracker crust.
- Place the sliced bananas over the cream cheese layer.
- Next, add a layer of the well drained pineapple.
- Add a layer of whipped topping over the fruit filling.
- Add crushed peanuts and maraschino cherries to the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled. Serve cold.