We may earn money or products from the companies and/or linked items in this post.
Who doesn’t love pie? This recipe for Pear-Ginger Pie with Crumb Topping is absolutely amazing. Made with fresh D’Anjou pears and ginger. Yum!
Delicious Pear Pie
This is my version of a recipe I found in Food Network Magazine. I made a few changes, as usual, to make it simpler and add a little extra flavor.
I must admit that one of the ways I simplified this recipe was to use a store bought pie crust. They are easy to use and pretty good. If you want to make your own crust, you can try my recipe for Buttery Pie Crust.
To slice the pears, I used my handy, dandy mandoline.
Next time you are thinking about pie, try this Pear-Ginger Pie with Crumb Topping.
Pear-Ginger Pie with Crumb Topping
- 1 9 inch Pie Shell unbaked
- 3-4 tbsp Orange Marmalade
- 5-6 D’Anjou Pears sliced to about 1/4″ thick
- 1 Lemon zest and juice needed
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Minced Ginger from a jar
- 2 tbsp Flour
For the Crumb Topping
- 3/4 cup Flour all purpose
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tbsp Butter cold and cut into pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degees.
- Place the pie shell into a 9″ pie plate.
- Spread the orange marmalade over the bottom of the crust.
- Place the lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and ginger in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the sliced pears and flour and stir until combined.
- Put the pears into the pie shell.
- Using a fork or pastry blender (or use your fingers) mix together the remaining ingredients for the crumb topping. Spread the topping over the top of the pears .
- Bake the pie for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another 40 minutes. The top should be nice and golden brown and the filling should be bubbling.
- Cool and serve. Enjoy!
You might also like… Chocolate Crumb Brownies