We may earn money or products from the companies and/or linked items in this post.
This recipe for Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken Thighs has become part of my “simple meal” rotation. Not only is it easy and delicious, but the clean up is a breeze.
This is my version of a recipe I found in an old Food Network magazine. I changed the ingredient amounts and simplified the cooking process. Fewer dirty dishes is always a plus!
Simply mix up the sweet and sour sauce ingredients, brush the sauce on the chicken, slice up some peppers and you are ready to bake!
In less than an hour you have a tasty and satisfying meal.
Sticky and sweet with just a little tartness. These chicken thighs are also great the next day.
These Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken Thighs smelled so amazing that even my cat had to check them out. And she doesn’t like “people food”.
Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken Thighs
- 3 or 4 Large Bell Peppers Orange, Red, Yellow
- 1 bunch Green Onions
- Olive Oil
- 8 Chicken Thighs skin on
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- 4 tbsp Orange Marmalade
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Minced Ginger
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice up peppers and onions and place on baking sheet. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. Toss together and spread peppers and onion to outer edge of baking sheet.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and lightly sprinkle chicken and peppers with salt if desired.
- Mix together ketchup, marmalade, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
- Brush the sauce onto the chicken. Coat well.
- Bake the chicken for 35 to 45 minutes or until done.
You might also like…