Rocky Road Bars are a quick and easy dessert that is sure to satisfy your cravings. If you are a fan of peanut butter and chocolate and like the crunch of crispy rice cereal and the sweetness of marshmallows, then you are in for a treat.
This Rocky Road Bars recipe is perfect for a simple dessert, a sweet afternoon snack, or a great addition to any potluck. These delightful rocky road candy pieces use just 5 basic ingredients.
Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or just need a little pick-me-up, these no-bake rocky road bars are the perfect indulgence.
Table of contents
Melting chocolate or chocolate chips both work well in this recipe. My personal favorite is dark chocolate, and I use chocolate chips since I am more likely to have those on hand.
If you prefer crunchy peanut butter rather than creamy peanut butter, it should work just fine in this Rocky Road Bars recipe.
Before starting, place the bag of mini marshmallows in the freezer for at least 5 minutes. By cooling the marshmallows first, they will not melt as much when you are mixing together the warm rocky road ingredients.
Place a large pan over medium-low to medium heat. Add the butter, peanut butter, and chocolate to the pan. Stir often as the ingredients melt and blend together thoroughly.
Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
While the chocolate mixture is cooling, prepare an 8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch pan. Using parchment paper will make it easier to get the rocky road candy out of the pan later.
Make sure some of the parchment paper is allowed to come up over the sides of the pan, so you have something to grab onto.
When the chocolate has cooled for about 5 minutes, stir in the crispy rice cereal and 3 cups of the mini marshmallows. Stir quickly and just enough to keep the mini marshmallows from completely melting.
Pour the rocky road mixture into the prepared dish.
Sprinkle the remaining mini marshmallows over the top of the rocky road candy.
Place the Rocky Road Bars in the refrigerator. They will be fully set in 2 to 3 hours.
When you are ready, remove the rocky road candy, along with the parchment paper, and set it on the counter or a cutting board. Cut the rocky road into squares or bars. Serve and enjoy!
What can I say? These Rocky Road Bars are delicious and if you don't want the kids eating them all, hide some!
The bars keep well at room temperature in an airtight food storage container for up to a week. Or, you can store them in the refrigerator.
Other recipes you might enjoy
Do you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Rocky Road Bars
- 3 ½ cups Mini Marshmallows divided
- 16 ounces Melting Chocolate or chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Peanut Butter creamy
- ¼ cup Butter
- 2 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- Before starting, place the bag of mini marshmallows in the freezer for at least 5 minutes.
- Place a large pan over medium-low to medium heat. Add the butter, peanut butter, and chocolate. Melt and blend the ingredients stirring often.
- Remove the pan from the stove and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- While the chocolate mixture is cooling, prepare an 8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- When the chocolate has cooled for about 5 minutes, stir in the crispy rice cereal and 3 cups of mini marshmallows. Stir quickly and just enough to keep the mini marshmallows from completely melting.
- Pour the rocky road bars mixture into the prepared dish. Spread evenly and top with the remaining marshmallows.
- Refrigerate the bars until fully set, about 2-3 hours.
- Lift the whole chocolate out of the pan. Cut the rocky road into squares or bars. Serve and enjoy!