These Nutter Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies are quick, easy, and a perfect recipe for kids that are just learning to bake. Pick up a package of brownie mix and some Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, and tell the kiddos that their help is needed to make dessert tonight!
My daughter hasn't shown a lot of interest in learning how to cook. Every once in awhile she does want to help me out a little, but usually, she quickly finds something else to do.
Over this past weekend, she was walking around the house being 'bored', I asked her what she wanted to do. "I just feel like baking something!" she said.
Other recipes you might like...
- Chocolate Crumble Brownies
- Easy Coconut Almond Chocolate Brownies
- Dried Blueberry Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Well then, let's bake something! We had a great time putting together these yummy brownies with items we just happened to have in the house already.
To make these Nutter Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies you will need,
- Box of brownie mix
- Ingredients needed as listed on the package of mix
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chips
So, we went to the kitchen, grabbed a box of brownie mix, a package of Nutter Butter Cookies, and some chocolate chips, and then we made this delicious dessert! I think we make a good team!
How to make
- Mix up a box of your favorite brownie mix or use your favorite recipe.
- Pout half of the batter in a prepared baking pan.
- Add Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Cookies that are coarsely chopped.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake. It may take a few extra minutes than usual.
- Let the brownies cool.
We used the Duncan Hines chewy fudge brownie mix. The package had directions for 'fudge-like' or 'cake-like' brownies. We usually choose 'fudge-like'.
Nutter Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 1 box Brownie Mix *Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge
- 2 Eggs *see notes
- ½ cup Canola Oil *see notes
- ¼ cup Water *see notes
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 12 Nutter Butter Cookies coarsely chopped
- Mix up the brownie mix per directions on the package or according to your recipe.
- Pour half of the batter into a baking pan that has been coated with non-stick spray.
- Chop the Nutter Butter Cookies into pieces.
- Sprinkle with the chopped cookies over the brownie batter. Then sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Pour the remaining batter over the cookies and chocolate chips. Spread to cover the nutter butter cookies and chips as much as possible.
- Bake the Nutter Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies according to package directions. Ours took a couple minutes longer.
- Cool slightly.
- We used Duncan Hines Chew Fudge Brownie Mix and I have included the egg, oil, and water amount as listed on the package. This was done to figure nutritional information. If you use a different brand or type, adjust those ingredients as needed.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family's favorite recipes. If you tried this recipe and liked it, please use the stars on the above recipe card, or next to the comments below to rate the recipe. If you have a question or suggestion about this or any other recipe, please leave a comment and I will respond as soon as possible.