This Instant Pot Curry Rice is something I put together using ingredients I usually have on hand. Hopefully, you do too because let me tell you, the flavors are amazing!
This is a great recipe whether you are looking for a side dish to make with rice or something that would be a great base for the main meal.
With the combination of curry, ginger, coconut milk, and a bit of red pepper for a little extra kick.
The fresh tomato, chopped parsley and touch of lime add just a bit of freshness.
When it comes to ginger, I don't always have fresh ginger root but I almost always have a jar of minced ginger in my refrigerator. It works just as well. Powdered ginger is not something I would use in this recipe.
Other recipes you might like
- Olive oil or butter
- Basmati rice
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- Coconut milk
- Ginger, fresh minced
- Curry powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh parsley
No Instant Pot? No problem
If you don't have an Instant Pot or would just like to use the basic saucepan method, just follow the order of ingredients and directions as listed.
Adjust cooking time to that as recommended on your package of rice.
Serve the Instant Pot Curry Rice with
- My Simple Shrimp Curry
- Shrimp cooked in a little olive oil, butter, and garlic.
- Cubed chicken cooked and lightly seasoned with garlic or curry powder.
- Rotisserie chicken. Serve the chicken cut in sections or cube up the meat and mix it with the rice.
- For any leftover rice, serve the next day with sliced kielbasa or smoked sausage and egg for a wonderful fried rice meal.
Instant Pot Curry Rice
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil and/or butter
- 2 cups Basmati Rice rinsed well
- 2 teaspoons Ginger fresh, minced
- 2 ½ teaspoons Curry powder more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 2 cups Chicken broth or vegetable
- ¾ cup Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- Lime juice from half a lime
- Parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 Tomato cut into cubes
- Measure the rice into a strainer and rinse well. Set aside and let drain.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and add the butter and/or olive oil.
- Next, add the rice, ginger, curry, red pepper and salt. Stir and cook for 30 seconds to a minute to release the flavors of the spices.
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth, coconut milk and the sugar. Stir well to blend.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set to seal. Cook the rice on high pressure for 3 minutes. Then, leave on natural release for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, carefully switch the valve to vent and wait for pressure to release. Open the lid and add the lime juice, fresh parsley, and the tomatoes. Stir well and serve.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family’s favorite recipes.
If you tried a recipe and liked it, please use the stars on the above recipe card, or next to the comments below to rate the recipe.
If you have a question or suggestion about a recipe, please leave a reply to this post.