We may earn money or products from the companies and/or linked items in this post.
Recently I started a series of posts on Bulking Up. My son, now in college has been asking for protein and carb recipes. The other day I put together this very simple Creole Hamburger and Rice.
When I heard my son say that it didn’t matter if his food had any flavor, he just needed the protein and carbs for his exercise goals, I cringed. The only way to convince him that it doesn’t have to take a lot of effort was to cook something and prove it.
One of the “meals” he has cooked himself a few times is crumbled hamburger with plain rice. I mean come on kiddo! Blah!
So I took some hamburger, added some seasoning and tomatoes and came up with this Creole Hamburger and Rice. Guess what? He loved it! It is also a simple and affordable recipe he will be able to enjoy when he continues his college education away from home.
For more bulking up recipes check out my Bulking Up – 20 Delicious Protein Rich Recipes post.
Creole Hamburger and Rice
- 1 pound Hamburger
- 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Instant Rice
- 1 can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese *optional
- In a large skillet, brown the hamburger over medium heat. Drain excess grease.
- Add the creole seasoning and stir well.
- Add the water and bring it to a boil. Next, add the instant rice. Cover and cook recommended time. Usually about 5 minutes.
- When the rice is done, add the tomatoes and stir well. Cook until heated thoroughly.
- If you want to add cheese, add it in last and stir just until melted. Serve
You might also like…