This post is a result of a request from my son and his friend. "Mom!, you need to add more Bulking Up recipes to your blog! Your recipes are great, but we need high protein and high calorie meals!"
I guess the lemon bars sitting on the counter weren't what they had in mind by high calories.
Feeding a teenage boy has been a challenge to say the least. Now that he has entered college and has certain goals he is determined to meet, the challenge is even more difficult.
Okay, guys. I have added a new category and this round-up of delicious recipes was put together with the help of some wonderful Food Bloggers. In this series, we have protein, carbs, breakfast, dinner, and even dessert. This first post is all about protein. Recipes for all your Bulking Up needs. Thank you all for your contributions!
Also, check out
Let's get started...
- Quick Tandoori Salmon Recipe in Oven and Air Fryer - Homemade Tandoori masala is used in this beautiful salmon recipe. Give it a try! Photo and recipe by Easy Cooking with Molly
2. Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce - I bet you would love this delicious-looking chicken and sauce especially since you can have it prepared in 30 or so minutes. Photo and recipe from The Rising Spoon
3. Instant Pot Taiwanese Beef StewInstant Pot Taiwanese Beef Stew originally is a famous Taiwanese Beef noodle soup recipe. Wow, does it ever look good! Photo and recipe by I Heart Umani
4. Sheet Pan SalmonEasy to prepare salmon served alongside some crispy veggies! Yum! Photo and recipe by A Pinch of Crazy
5. Zia Maria's Tuna, Egg, and Tomato Salad - What a fabulous way to get your protein. Zia Maria's Tuna, Egg, and Tomato Salad would make a great lunch or summertime dinner. Photo and recipe by Christina's Cucina
6. Slow Roast Chicken - Also known as faux-tisserie chicken, this Slow Roast Chicken is slow-cooked for a perfectly tender meal. Photo and recipe by Wednesday Night Cafe
7. Steak Pizzaiola - A hearty Italian steak-cooked pizza style! This Steak Pizzaiola looks absolutely fabulous! Photo and Recipe by Sip and Feast
8. Roast Salmon with Fennel - Oranges, fennel, and cranberries are the perfect flavor companions in this easy recipe for Roast Salmon with Fennel. Photo and recipe by Wednesday Night Cafe
9. Air Fryer Steak with Herb Lemon Butter - Get your protein fix with this Air Fryer Steak with Herb Lemon Butter. Delish! Photo and recipe by Recipes From a Pantry
10. Crispy Roasted Chicken with Mushrooms and Cream - Crispy chicken thighs with mushrooms and cream? I know what I'm cooking this weekend. Photo and recipe by Savor with Jennifer
11. Keto Goulash with Beef - If you are in the mood for comfort food, give this Keto Goulash with Beef a try. Photo and recipe by Family on Keto
12. Dilly Salmon Cakes with Lemon - Dilly Salmon Cakes are perfect for a quick dinner or an elegant meal. They look amazing! Photo and recipe by My Kitchen Love
13. Paleo Tuna Salad Nori Wraps - Tuna salad wraps are a perfect way to get a punch of protein in a lite meal. Photo and recipe by Plating Pixels
14. Slow Cooker Italian Beef with Pepperoncinis - Get your carbs and protein with this Slow Cooker Italian Beef with Pepperoncinis. There is nothing like a hot beef sandwich! Photo and recipe by Inspire a Creation
15. Fragrant Baked Orange Rosemary Chicken - I can smell the delicious aroma already! Fragrant Baked Orange Rosemary Chicken would satisfy anyone's taste buds. Photo and recipe by Mother Would Know
16. BRASATO AL BAROLO - DUTCH OVEN BRISKET - Italian braised beef in red wine and herbs. Yes! Sure looks delicious. Photo and recipe by Sip and Feast
17. HOW TO BAKE CHICKEN BREAST THAT ARE MOIST AND TENDER - Chicken is such an important piece of adding protein to the diet puzzle. Learning how to easily cook moist and tender chicken breasts is a good thing to know! Photo and recipe by Plating Pixels
18. Easy Vegetable Beef Soup - Get your slow cooker and try this Easy Vegetable Beef Soup that is sure to satisfy the beefeater in your home. Photo and recipe by Low Carb Yum
19. EASY PAN SEARED SALMON WITH CREAMY DILL SAUCE - Cooked in butter and covered with a cream sauce. Sign me up! Photo and recipe by Savor with Jennifer
20. GREEK STYLE CHICKEN TRAYBAKE - Feta and tomatoes added to chicken thighs make an absolutely amazing-looking meal. Photo and recipe by Emma Eats and Explores
I hope you enjoyed this group of recipes. Good luck boys, I hope I am/was able to help you meet your goals. Proud of you, and I am here whenever you need me.