Simple Broccoli Casserole. This is a kid-friendly veggie dish using fresh broccoli, cheese, a little seasoning with a buttery, cracker topping. Oh, and no condensed soup! I use sour cream in this yummy casserole.
Eating your veggies can get boring and sometimes you just need to doctor things up a bit. If you are dealing with picky eaters, this Simple Broccoli Casserole just might help you out.
This post was updated in July of 2020. No recipe changes were made.
Other recipes you might like
- Rotisserie Chicken Macaroni Salad
- Grandma's Easy Jam Squares
- Butternut Squash Pie
- Blueberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Roasted Carrots with Apples and Onions
- Simple Homemade Rice Pilaf
To make this broccoli cheese casserole you will need,
- Fresh broccoli
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Garlic 'n herb seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Ritz crackers
- Butter or margarine
How to prepare this recipe
- Start with about 24 ounces of fresh broccoli. Chop it into bite-size pieces and I like to microwave it for 3 - 5 minutes before adding the other ingredients. You want it slightly tender, not mushy.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream, half of the cheddar cheese, and the seasonings. Stir well. Add the drained broccoli and stir.
- Place the broccoli mixture into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Crush one sleeve of Ritz crackers in a Zip-loc bag. Sprinkle the crackers over the broccoli and cheese. Place small dabs of butter all over the top of the crackers.
Creamy, cheesy, simple, and delicious!
- I like to use the big bag of broccoli from Costco. Just trim up the pieces slightly.
- I had about 6 cups of broccoli before microwaving and about 4 - 5 cups afterward.
- I have also used green beans instead of broccoli in this recipe.
- This recipe is a great holiday side-dish.
Simple Broccoli Casserole
- 24 ounces Broccoli cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese more or less to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons Garlic 'n Herb Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 32 Ritz Crackers one sleeve, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons Butter or margarine
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Chop the broccoli into bite-size pieces. Cook the broccoli in the microwave with a small amount of water for 3 - 5 minutes. Cook until just tender, not mushy. Drain.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, half of cheese, garlic 'n herb seasoning, and salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Add drained broccoli and stir. Put broccoli into a casserole dish that has been spray with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle the reaming cheese over the top of the broccoli.
- Crush one sleeve of Ritz Crackers. Sprinkle the crackers on top of the broccoli mixture. Put small dabs of butter all over crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 25-35 minutes.
Add your personal private recipe notes here
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my family’s favorite recipes.
If you tried this recipe and liked it, please use the stars on the above recipe card, or next to the comments below to rate the recipe. If you have a question or suggestion about this or any other recipe, please leave a comment and I will respond as soon as possible.