Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Shrimp Fra Diavolo. A delicious and simple meal with shrimp and pasta in a lightly spiced up tomato sauce.
- 2 lbs. Shrimp 31-40 peeled and deveined
- Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes I used 1 1/2
- 1 heaping teaspoon Garlic chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 15 oz. can Tomato Sauce
- 15 oz. can Diced or Stewed Tomatoes I like the Fire Roasted, diced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Basil chopped
Thaw shrimp if necessary. Peel and devein, set aside until ready to use.
Saute chopped onion in 1 - 2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft. Add red pepper flakes, garlic, Italian Seasoning, and a little salt. Stir and cook for about 1 minute.
Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Simmer for about 5-7 minutes over medium low heat. Meanwhile, cook pasta. Once pasta is done, reserve about 1 cup of liquid before draining.
Add sugar to tomato sauce and stir well. Put in shrimp and cook 4-6 minutes*, stirring occasionally, until done. Add any of the reserved pasta water if you would like to thin the sauce any. You may not need to do this step. Stir in chopped basil, salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with your favorite pasta, top with Parmesan if desired.
* Cooking time of the shrimp will vary depending on the size of shrimp you use. I check it every couple of minutes.
* This makes a lot of food! You can use more or less pasta depending on how many people you are feeding. I usually use about 8 ounces for 3-4 good size servings, when I use 12 ounces of pasta I have leftovers. You could easily half the amount of shrimp and it will still be delicious.