Raw Apple Cake
This is my mom's (very old) recipe called Raw Apple Cake. Fresh granny smith green apples are mixed into a spiced cake batter. The result is absolute heaven!
Ingredients Granny Smith Apples – 2 Eggs – ½ cup Canola Oil – 1 ½ cups Sugar – 2 tsps. Cinnamon – 1 tsp. Nutmeg – 2 cups Flour – 1 tsp. Salt – 1 tsp. Baking Powder – 1 tsp. Baking Soda
– On a cutting board, cut the apples and remove the core. Next, chop them into bite-size pieces. I usually leave the skin on, but you can peel them if you like. You can leave the apples on the cutting board for a moment.
– In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and mix them with canola oil, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the apples and mix until combined.
– In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the apples. – Mix the apple cake batter until everything is combined.
– Spread the apple cake batter into a 13 x 9 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. – Bake the cake for 45-55 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake. It will come out clean when the cake is ready.
– Cool. Serve with powdered sugar if desired.