cook this again, Mom!
Prep Time: 15 Min
Butter Olive Oil Onions Fresh Rosemary Fresh Thyme Fresh Sage Chicken Broth Half 'n Half Red Pepper Flakes Salt Pepper Fresh Chives
Cook Time: 60 Min
1. Chop the onions. 2. Heat a large pan, or dutch oven, or medium heat. 3. Add the olive oil and butter to the heated pan. Melt the butter. 4. Add the chopped onions and stir.
1. Cook the onions over medium to medium-low heat for 20 to 30 minutes. You want the onions soft but not real brown. Lightly brown is fine. 2. When the onions have softened, add the salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir well and cook for a minute or two.
1. Add the chicken broth, along with the rosemary, thyme, and sage that have been bundled together and tied. Simmer and cook the soup another 15 to 20 minutes.
1. Remove the herbs and use an immersion blender to cream the onions. A few small pieces of onion left behind is okay.
1. Add the half 'n half. Stir well and heat through. Sample the seasoning and adjust salt and pepper if necessary.