We may earn money or products from the companies and/or linked items in this post.
Strawberry Skillet Cake is a moist and delicious skillet cake made with fresh strawberries.
I love springtime. We have this wonderful fruit stand not very far from our house and they have the most delicious strawberries! Everyone in town anxiously waits for them to open up for the season.
As with most things made with fresh fruit, this cake didn’t last long around here.
If you would like to try a delicious dessert with the added bonus of some fresh fruit, give this cake a try.
Serve this cake warm with some vanilla ice cream. Heaven!
Strawberry Skillet Cake
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 2 cups Strawberries sliced
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix oil, eggs, yogurt, almond extract, and sugar. Blend well. Add flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in strawberries.
- Pour batter in to greased skillet or baking pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for 40 – 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool slightly. Serve with powdered sugar or a scoop of ice cream if desired.
You might also like… Hummingbird Cake