We may earn money or products from the companies and/or linked items in this post.
Recently, my husband noticed a poster in the window of a nationally known sandwich shop. They were promoting a new item and it caught his eye immediately. His first comment was “you can make that. It would be perfect for your blog!”. That evening I put together these Chicken Sesame Ginger Wraps.
I knew I wanted this wrap to be as quick and easy as possible. While we were out running errands we went ahead and stopped at the store and checked out just the right ingredients for our chicken wraps. First of all, I used a low-carb, whole wheat tortilla shell. It was much lighter than some flour tortillas.
For the chicken filling, I used a pound of ground chicken. I’m sure turkey would work great too. The chicken was cooked in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, minced fresh ginger and a bit of dehydrated ginger for a little extra punch.
Next, we assembled the chicken wrap. First, warm the tortilla. Then, add a nice base of power greens. You could also use spinach, spring mix, or whatever you prefer. Now you can sprinkle a little red onion and shredded Monterey jack cheese. Next, add the cooked chicken and top with a bit of your favorite Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing. A little bit of sliced up cucumber adds a wonderful texture and freshness.
And there you go. Chicken Sesame Ginger Wraps are a perfect, quick and easy summertime (or anytime) lunch or dinner. Another great go-to recipe to keep handy. Delicious!
Chicken Sesame Ginger Wraps
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Ginger minced
- 2 – 3 tsp Ginger dehydrated
- 2 – 3 cups Power Greens
- Red Onion sliced
- Cucumber peeled, and sliced
- Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing
- Tortilla Shells
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add the tablespoon of olive oil and the ground chicken. Break up the chicken to crumble it as it cooks.
- Add salt, pepper, minced ginger and dehydrated ginger. Continue cooking and stirring until the chicken is cooked through. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Warm up tortilla shells and start to assemble wraps. Tortilla shell, power greens, red onion, cheese, ground chicken, sesame ginger dressing, and cucumber.
You might also like…