We may earn money or products from the companies and/or linked items in this post.
My kids love pancakes! It started with our favorite boxed mixes, then we started adding different toppings and spices. Then I realized that I needed a ‘go to’ recipe to make from scratch. Here is a recipe for simple Basic Pancakes.
I couldn’t believe how easy making pancakes could be!
After some trial and error, this is a simple recipe I use. We like it, and it is easy to remember. I still use boxed mixes from time to time, but this has become our favorite recipe for Basic Pancakes.
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Heat a skillet on medium to medium low heat.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until mixed.
- On the heated skillet, pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter for each pancake. After about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes you will notice the edges of the pancakes getting firm, and bubbles forming on the top of the pancakes. Turn the pancakes and continue to cook for another 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. You can lightly press on top of the pancakes and if it bounces back without leaving an indent, it is done.
- I use a non-stick skillet and I don't add oil or butter to my pan first.
- I get about 12 pancakes per batch.