Asian Lettuce Wraps
Author: Cook This Again Mom
Recipe type: Main
- 1 head Butter Lettuce
- 1 -2 Carrots
- 3-5 Green Onions
- 1 package Ground Turkey
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 large Shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon or so Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon or so Garlic, chopped
- Red Pepper Flakes, to taste (I use about ¼ teaspoon)
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- Splash of Rice Wine Vinegar
- Wash lettuce leaves and set aside to dry.
- Peel and grate carrots, set aside,
- Chop green onions, set aside.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add olive oil and ground turkey. Start to brown and break into small pieces.
- When the turkey is almost done, just a little pink left, add the shallots, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and a little salt. Stir and continue to cook.
- Add the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Cook for a moment and adjust seasonings.
- Scoop turkey into a piece of lettuce and top with grated carrots and green onions.
Recipe by Cook This Again, Mom! at http://cookthisagainmom.com/2016/03/asian-lettuce-wraps.html