Grandma's Apricot Squares
Author: Cook This Again Mom
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2¼ cups Rolled Oats (I always use old fashioned)
- 1 cup Butter or Margarine
- 1 jar ( 1lb. 2 oz.) Apricot Preserves
- Softened butter or margarine. Put all ingredients except for preserves into mixing bowl. Using electric mixer, mix the ingredients until crumbly.
- Put over half of the mixture in a 13" x 9" pan that has been coated with non-stick spray. Pat down.
- Put preserves in a bowl and stir. Pour preserves over cookie base. Add remaining oatmeal/flour mixture over top and lightly pat down.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Cool on a rack and cut into squares. Makes about 2 dozen squares.
Recipe by Cook This Again, Mom! at http://cookthisagainmom.com/2015/12/grandmas-apricot-squares-2.html