Here is it the first day of December already and I am trying to get into the Christmas spirit. Since I woke up this morning all I could think about is baking cookies. After a trip to the grocery store, I decided to try some Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies. They came out very good. I have a feeling that Santa just might like them.
I used my Gingerbread Spice Mix and the zest of an orange. The flavors are not too strong, but you definitely get a hint of the gingerbread spice and the freshness of the orange zest. OK, these cookies worked their magic and the Christmas spirit is starting to kick in a bit.
Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cube of Butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Molasses
- 2 Eggs
- Zest from 1 Orange
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Gingerbread Spice Mix
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, oil, and brown sugar.
- Blend in molasses and eggs.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until mix together.
- Drop cookies onto cookies sheet.
- For an added treat, add an additional 3 - 5 chocolate chips to the top of each cookie before baking.
- Bake cookies for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the cookie sheet while they are still warm. Cool slightly and enjoy!