Sometimes you want a quick and easy dessert recipe that you can throw together at the last minute. These Chocolate Chip Cupcakes are perfect for those times.
Since you don’t have to wait for the cupcakes to cool so you can add frosting, you can eat them while still warm from the oven.
Yummy chocolate chips in a vanilla flavored cupcake, topped off with a chocolate chip and brown sugar topping.
Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ⅔ cup Milk
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1½ cups Flour
- 1¼ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Chocolate Chips1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together oil, egg, vanilla, milk, and sugar until well blended. Add flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir just until combined. Mix in chocolate chips. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake papers. Divide batter into 12 cupcakes.
- Mix brown sugar and chocolate chips. Sprinkle over top of cupcakes.
- Bake cupcakes for about 16 - 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Cool slightly. Enjoy!
Adapted from a recipe found in the New Good Housekeeping Cookbook.